• Chat feature is now enabled for ALL USERS!

Google Maps: Las Vegas area shooting spots

If you go south on Las Vegas Blvd from st rose pkwy the first shooting spot is just past mile marker 15 but before you hit mile marker 14. I hear this spot is now technically closed but people still shoot there. On Blm site it says no shooting north of mile marker 14.5 and this spot is a few hundred feet north of 14.5 so keep going south on Las Vegas Blvd a few more miles and you will see a sign on left and a road I think it's called lightweight but it's right before dry lake bed. Turn on that road and if you drive all the way to end it will turn to dirt after you cross cattle grate. Don't count the first cattle grate after you make turn off lv Blvd.the other grate will be about 2 miles or so in. You will pass lake bed and road will bend left. Drive in a little and you will see clearings on side of road to shoot at. Sadly most people don't clean up after themselves at any of these areas. I built a target stand out of 2X4s and lug it in and out each time and try to gather as much of my brass as I can find. I now shoot a steel target so I no longer leave paper n cardboard floating in the wind

You can take the 15 south to Sloan exit and turn left at stop sign and then right on Las Vegas Blvd to go south. I live close to lv Blvd n st rose so no need for me to go on 15 south to get here. I honestly never really liked the first spot by marker 14.5 cause it tends to get a little crowded and people seem to get a little careless plus if you shoot to the south it has a dirt road cars drive on while you shoot and don't care to stop till you finish. Make sure no cars or trucks are coming before shooting. People have no common sense and one time I was shooting a new shotgun and a family was down there riding atvs and they were letting their very young kids ride right up to people while they were shooting. I had a kid who must have been 5-7 years old ride within 5 feet of me while I was shooting and stopped when I seen him. The atv thing was years ago and it never happened again but with new law I won't chance shooting there since it now rests in the no shooting zone.

Last edited:
^^I see folks shooting at the mineshaft before that all the time. I'd imagine that with the new racetrack so close that might be what they're worried about. At least the mile marker 14.5ish spot is a terrain feature away. Regardless it's a pit with crazy folks that will likely win a Darwin Award one day.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

talley

Huckle Bearer
I was talking guns with some guys at work and somebody mentioned a shooting spot west of Ann & I215. Anybody ever heard of this spot? Is it even a legal place to shoot?

I was talking guns with some guys at work and somebody mentioned a shooting spot west of Ann & I215. Anybody ever heard of this spot? Is it even a legal place to shoot?
I'm not too far from there on Durango & 95. I can't think of anything out that way that would be legal in any way. That's well within the greater LV area limits and tons of homes out there too (i.e. Providence). I'd call BS on your friend, at least on any legal spots being out there.

talley

Huckle Bearer
I'm in the same area, Centennial Hills.

I was looking on Google Earth in that general area. I could see a couple clearings with decent backdrops, but it all seemed too close to residential areas. I'm all for finding a close place to shoot, as long as it's legal.:bigviolent:
Save

I'm in the same area, Centennial Hills.

I was looking on Google Earth in that general area. I could see a couple clearings with decent backdrops, but it all seemed too close to residential areas. I'm all for finding a close place to shoot, as long as it's legal.:bigviolent:
Save
There's A LOT more to defining a legal area than just a good backdrop. One of them is that you can't be in the greater city limits, so that alone makes me skeptical of any spot anywhere near Ann & 215. Not saying there aren't spots where it happens, but I just can't see it being legal.

Tiger87

Beginning Collector
Is the map not working? Im trying to see if there are any good areas out past Boulder City, towards Nelsons Landing. Anyone know?

Was at Apex earlier this morning popular spot on the east side at MM58 on US93.
Don't know if this is something to worry about, but 5 Las Vegas Paving trucks and survey equipment in that larger area off of the highway where you turn. Also had guys working the frontage road that runs parallel to the highway.

I know they are doing some type of work further down towards I15 across from the power stations, maybe that pipe project is going to continue up along the highway possibly blocking the range for a time.

Update
They graded the transition from the highway to the large turn off area.
It is no longer a 12 inch drop. Its nice level transition. Hopefully that is all they were out there surveying for.

Can a target be placed out to 1000 yards (and viewed easily) at the APEX spot?
You could theoretically do it, but you would have to walk, unable to drive out at this specific spot. They have barbwire and heavier cable and post at the location to stop vehicles. Furthest I shoot here is 300 yards.

If you look at google maps for this spot. 36.486874, -114.951575
That is the next turn off on 93 just north of the apex site. I have not shot here, but have been told that this area is great for long range. The person telling me about it said no cars, don't need 4wd, but something with a little clearance SUV or truck.

shotdown

F*** it,We'll do it live!
You could theoretically do it, but you would have to walk, unable to drive out at this specific spot. They have barbwire and heavier cable and post at the location to stop vehicles. Furthest I shoot here is 300 yards.

If you look at google maps for this spot. 36.486874, -114.951575
That is the next turn off on 93 just north of the apex site. I have not shot here, but have been told that this area is great for long range. The person telling me about it said no cars, don't need 4wd, but something with a little clearance SUV or truck.
Thank you!

Legal to shoot here?

On the NevadaCarry.org map, there's a large area of BLM land in SW Las Vegas (directly below Mountain Edge) between Red Rock and I-15. Is it legal to shoot here?

Here's a pic of the spot I scouted:

pretty sure shooting that close to the city would get the police called out to have a discussion with you......

May be "BLM" land, but also thinking that's city limits.
Hmm, welll it's over 500 ft from the nearest road so I do not think it is within city limits. While walking around I also saw some shooting detritus there. Enough to indicate a fairly long range session.