• Chat feature is now enabled for ALL USERS!

Google Maps: Reno Area Shooting Spots

This is a start of Google Maps: Reno Area Shooting Spots.

I am having trouble finding a easy spot to get to on Public land to target practice and I am hoping that people will update this Google Map and provide a nice map similar to the "Las Vegas area Shooting spots".

Check out the link and please update if you can: Google Maps: Reno Area Shooting Spots

Also beware that Washoe County has a Restrictions on the Discharge of Firearms Map: Washoe County Restrictions on the Discharge of Firearms Map

Thanks,
Randy

jfrey123

I aim to misbehave...
Staff member
Forum Supporter
Stickied by request. Moved to a more appropriate section.

I will say this: If someone is nice enough to post a spot here for you to use, CLEAN UP YOUR TRASH WHEN YOU'RE DONE!!! kthxbye :cheers2:

vgas2008

I know that Derby Dam area is good for shooting, but you need to be especially careful because sometimes stupid ATVers will drive about without any regard for anyone not on one.

mes227

I know that Derby Dam area is good for shooting, but you need to be especially careful because sometimes stupid ATVers will drive about without any regard for anyone not on one.
Thanks! Can you add it to the map?

I'm trying to add the spot off Winnemucca Ranch road.

It's a little past moonrocks on the right hand side.
It's North of the big green patch on the map. Right where Winnemucca Ranch Road and the other meet up. It's a little dot East of the word Ranch when you zoom in.

RyansDaddy

Fernley Shooter
The location off sparks....you have to drive through that open lot and up the little hill there to get on the Jeep Trail?

Added Winemucca Ranch Road.
If you are headed north off of 80 Take that right at the gas station into the cul-de-sac, you'll see an open gat just follow that road. You can cut through the empty lot but the road over the hump is really chewed up. Also if you have a 4X4 if you take the road over the hill right there at the pit allot of folks shoot back there to. Mostly long guns.