Google Maps: Reno Area Shooting Spots

RyansDaddy

Fernley Shooter
I took a run out to the Vista site today. Looks like the area has been sold Per the sign. Guess it is off the list. I will log in and take it off.

Tito4018

Anybody have a good description of how to find the shooting spot up by Stead? I couldn't find it today. found a spot some people had been shooting at, but it wasn't very good and not sure if it was a legal spot.

Marked down two spots. One which is located off Exit 28 on 395 and another that is located next to Golden Valley Regional Park. Will begin to mark out and line out where private land breaks from public land once I go back to the Reno Office and get some more maps.

Arnie

Can anybody verify the Kings Canyon Rd locations? It seems close to Hwy 50. I assume this is considered outside the Tahoe Basin, which is illegal to discharge firearms. Thanks.

Nevadagirl

Learning
Forum Supporter
Take west king street in reno off main street (old 395) road west, will turn into Kings canyon rd. Will be paved tell gets to turn out for waterfalls, stay on road turns to dirt and will go out to near lake tahoe. Is a old civil war camp site on way.

zynvktca

I know that Derby Dam area is good for shooting, but you need to be especially careful because sometimes stupid ATVers will drive about without any regard for anyone not on one.
also pay attention to the others around you. sometimes they will set up in a very unsafe direction. My family and I were being shot at and I was hit in the arm and so was my car.

Just FYI on Derby Damn

RyansDaddy

Fernley Shooter
I shoot out at derby dam often, have for years, and only a few time have I run into unsafe shooters. Both of those asses were shooting across the roads one of them over a blind curve. It would be better if folks would quit dumping their crap there.

zynvktca

I agree. In my instance it was just that. When i confronted the couple about it, they said they had no idea. I still have a photo of the bullett that hit me somewhere.

RyansDaddy

Fernley Shooter
The last time we were driving down the canyon and the people had parked on top of the back of the main berm shooting across the blind road. We would not have known if I had not seen the puffs of dust in the road.

Dumping

I shoot way out, beyond truck inn, in Fernley.. I was out there this morning and besides the usual crap someone dumped 6 truck tires. Seems like if you could spring for 6 new tires you should be able to dispose of the old ones properly.
By the way, thanks for the welcome to another new guy.

RyansDaddy

Fernley Shooter
I shoot way out, beyond truck inn, in Fernley.. I was out there this morning and besides the usual crap someone dumped 6 truck tires. Seems like if you could spring for 6 new tires you should be able to dispose of the old ones properly.
By the way, thanks for the welcome to another new guy.
I was out there yesterday ans saw the same tires. That mess is getting out of control. I have a rant in general discussion with photos of that area with the title of "guns and garbage, pack it in pack it out" It is out of control. I wish i could catch a few of them.

tuolumnejim

Very Active Member
Forum Supporter
I was out there yesterday ans saw the same tires. That mess is getting out of control. I have a rant in general discussion with photos of that area with the title of "guns and garbage, pack it in pack it out" It is out of control. I wish i could catch a few of them.
Any place to hide a game cam?

RyansDaddy

Fernley Shooter
No and I have thought of that also. it's mostly flat and or trash covered. I thought of possibly burring one but folks shoot up everything I sure would hate to have a game cam shot to hell.

Chrisj

Zombie Hunter in Training
Can someone send me a bit more info on the Public Area near Stead? If you have GPS coordinates or more detailed directions? This looks like a very nice spot to go shoot..

RyansDaddy

Fernley Shooter
Well Enough people left enough crap, trash, and glass out at Derby Dam that the State closed it off. There is a gate up now so no more shooting there.