Google Maps: Reno Area Shooting Spots

Drumguy

The groove bringer...
Thanks jfrey123 and nvsteve for this info!! I will be going back up there again very soon to find a nice spot. I also live fairly close so that is always nice. I will for sure pack water, shovel, extinguisher, etc...:001_smile:

run8

Semi-Retired
I heard of this from a friend who lives in Reno, that sucks as every time I went there I would clean up our mess, though the place was a disaster and it's sad folks trashed the place and acted irresponsibly.

I would come up for the Reno gun show and then head there to shoot for a bit and go back home to CA. Well Nevada is now home starting next week, so I'll be checking out some of these other spots listed in this thread.

Well Enough people left enough crap, trash, and glass out at Derby Dam that the State closed it off. There is a gate up now so no more shooting there.

RyansDaddy

Fernley Shooter
I am not on here much now but it appears all those folks who drop their crap at the dam are now doing it in bulk in Fernley. The number of TV's and tires has exploded out there. I have found a new less used place that I am keeping to myself. Maybe it will not get trashed.

There's the hills past Spanish Springs highschool. A couple miles in theres spots all inside the hills that people shoot. After me and my friends are done we pick up all the brass we can (people make messes, mostly shotgun shells and brass casings aside from leftover targets, little camping propane tanks that have been shot and some cans here and there.) We're probably got a garbage bag full of brass from that place.

reubadoob

I shared this link on the Reno Reddit. As a newcomer to the Reno/Sparks area I really appreciate the work everyone has done to create this map. Thanks!

Tophog

Biker Trailer Trash
Staff member
Forum Supporter
I shared this link on the Reno Reddit. As a newcomer to the Reno/Sparks area I really appreciate the work everyone has done to create this map. Thanks!
Seriously???????????

So now every idiot in the Reno area with a bag of trash, defunct PC or an unwanted TV knows now where to leave a mess!

You ARE new, aren't you! Please delete it, if it's not already too late! :frown:

Last edited:

reubadoob

I PMed him as well, but the damage is done. He put that in the Reno Redit 5 hours ago! :banghead:
Damage? What damage?

If you think the map was some internet secret that only those with memberships to Nevada Shooters could attain I'm not sure you understand how this thing called the "Internet" and Google works just yet.

Also if the original creator didn't want it to be shared or edited he wouldn't have posted it in the first place.

Just chill.

Lastly, no, I'm not going to deleted the post.

If creator doesn't want it to be shared or edited he's well within his rights to delete the map or lock its editable functions. But trying to get me to tidy up the internet to protect your data is ludicrous.

Tophog

Biker Trailer Trash
Staff member
Forum Supporter
Damage? What damage?

If you think the map was some internet secret that only those with memberships to Nevada Shooters could attain I'm not sure you understand how this thing called the "Internet" and Google works just yet.

Also if the original creator didn't want it to be shared or edited he wouldn't have posted it in the first place.

Just chill.

Lastly, no, I'm not going to deleted the post.

If creator doesn't want it to be shared or edited he's well within his rights to delete the map or lock its editable functions. But trying to get me to tidy up the internet to protect your data is ludicrous.
It wasn't a secret or any special data, but it was created here as a convenience for our members.

We spend many hours cleaning up shooting areas - not just our own trash, but that of careless shooters with no regard for the land or respect for others. Highlighting all the spots for everyone to ruin just makes the task more difficult.

If you can't figure that out, then you have no respect for this forum!

Last edited:

Quickdraw

"Ho'old on there"
Staff member
Just because someone can do something doesn't always mean that they should. Way to make a good 1st impression. A little common courtesy goes a long way but trying to be an internet cowboy to show everyone on the Reddit site how you can find and bring information there for their use in detriment to our use goes over like a :crap: here.

reubadoob

This is simply amazing

A little common courtesy goes a long way..
WTF does are you talking about? Was I suppose to ask permission to post the map somewhere else? I didn't see any copyright law or trademarks nor did I see anywhere or anyone stating this was not to be shared outside the forum. You're basically accusing me of breaking some forum rule that was never established in the first place.

...trying to be an internet cowboy..
Define "internet cowboy" because I'm pretty sure you just made that up.

...the Reddit site how you can find and bring information there for their use in detriment our use...
Because anyone who uses reddit is bad and if they go to any of these PUBLIC ranges they'll get ruined and/or destroyed. You should read this when you get a chance.

Lastly,

I'm a troll!

Last edited by a moderator:
Hey Mods,

Is the original map gone for good? Someone edited out all the public land spots and left only official licensed shooting ranges.

sigh - I am new to Reno and not the above mouth breather who will likely find himself in some trouble with that attitude.

Suggestion - could it get recreated and moved to private members only thread? what cha think?

Also first post yay :)

thanks,

Dz

Tophog

Biker Trailer Trash
Staff member
Forum Supporter
Hey Mods,

Is the original map gone for good? Someone edited out all the public land spots and left only official licensed shooting ranges.

sigh - I am new to Reno and not the above mouth breather who will likely find himself in some trouble with that attitude.

Suggestion - could it get recreated and moved to private members only thread? what cha think?

Also first post yay :)

thanks,

Dz
Welcome.

If you can click on the edit box and symbols appear at the top of the map, you can add locations. I don't think it's locked right now.

RyansDaddy

Fernley Shooter
I have not been on the forum in some months and last night I got an email for this thread, open it to see the trolls are still alive and well.

I helped pin some of those locations, and like many of us up here we leave shooting areas with bags of trash we did not bring out there. Derby Dam was closed because every person who forgot what a dumpster was for dumped their trash there to include a freaking 18' boat shell.

I am a member of many forums but I never assumed to post this link to them. Not because of some unwritten rule but because it was for members. I did however direct folks who were interested to the forum to become members.