• Chat feature is now enabled for ALL USERS!

Google Maps: Reno Area Shooting Spots

I'm raged when I checked the map earlier this morning and saw that all the BLM shooting locations are gone... what the heck happened there... it looks like it's only showing shooting facilities now...

Tophog

Biker Trailer Trash
Staff member
Forum Supporter
I'm raged when I checked the map earlier this morning and saw that all the BLM shooting locations are gone... what the heck happened there... it looks like it's only showing shooting facilities now...
Help restore it.
-
That's why I dumped that other clown. He posted it so any jerk could see it, edit or destroy it!

Last edited:

jfrey123

I aim to misbehave...
Staff member
Forum Supporter
I'd be surprised if that truck still had a VIN plate attached. That's very likely a insurance scam or stolen truck. Shady as ****, I hope you reported it to the sheriff...

Shady stuff like that is why I built an AR pistol, never know what you'll come across while wheeling.

RyansDaddy

Fernley Shooter
I'd be surprised if that truck still had a VIN plate attached. That's very likely a insurance scam or stolen truck. Shady as ****, I hope you reported it to the sheriff...

Shady stuff like that is why I built an AR pistol, never know what you'll come across while wheeling.
I did, the county sent a Patrol out. The VIN plate was still intact. I spent 13 years in LE so it looked a bit fishy right off.

RyansDaddy

Fernley Shooter
It did still have a VIN plate, that was one of the first things I checked being former LE. The county sent out a patrol but I did not stick around my civic duty was done. I'll go out in a few days an see if it is still there.

Does anyone know a place to shoot not to far from south reno in the south meadows and diamante ranch areas?

I went up the spanish springs blm area before but wondered if there was anything closer to home.

Also anyone hear if Safe Shot is going to reopen with a new owner? I have heard a couple of rumors.

cheers,

Dz

Cirdan

Very Active Member
Does anyone know a place to shoot not to far from south reno in the south meadows and diamante ranch areas?

I went up the spanish springs blm area before but wondered if there was anything closer to home.

Also anyone hear if Safe Shot is going to reopen with a new owner? I have heard a couple of rumors.

cheers,

Dz
Big Shot (formerly Safe Shot) is now open. Sign says under new management. Didn't go inside, so I don't know what the pricing is.

oly29

uber Member
I looked at the Washoe Sheriff site to see what they had on the sites off Eagle Canyon drive and I can't tell from the map if the areas we shot at last year are now closed or still open. The land near the Indian reservation is now expanded to a lot more area than it did before. We have shot at the big bend in the road into the mountain side on the left hand side as you are headed north and then another mile or so we would take the dirt road on the right and shoot into another mountain side. Any one know if these areas are still open to shooting?

jfrey123

I aim to misbehave...
Staff member
Forum Supporter
I looked at the Washoe Sheriff site to see what they had on the sites off Eagle Canyon drive and I can't tell from the map if the areas we shot at last year are now closed or still open. The land near the Indian reservation is now expanded to a lot more area than it did before. We have shot at the big bend in the road into the mountain side on the left hand side as you are headed north and then another mile or so we would take the dirt road on the right and shoot into another mountain side. Any one know if these areas are still open to shooting?
I've never gone off to the right when heading north on Eagle Canyon, I've always gone left. There are signs posted at nearly every left turn off while you can still see Spanish Springs. But once you go around the big left hand turn, it's all unmarked and as far as I can tell on the map it's open to shooting. I know of at least one CCW instructor who uses the area half way through the S, along with a ton of recreational shooters up there. A little bit further there's a road that leads to the back of the Lemmon Valley area, I've never been hassled shooting there either. Though it does start to get close to closed areas, so be safe if you go that route.

oly29

uber Member
Took a drive out there today and the area is posted for target shooters on what is legal and what is not but we can still shoot in the area which is good news. Only 2 shooters in the area when i was up there. Will see how busy it is tomorrow. Plus picked up almost 100 rounds of 9MM that someone left.

Enigmamdw

Loving the longrange-ness
Anyone near Fallon/Fernley that can direct one to some places nearby to shoot? The map is useless now. If you don't want the world to know a PM would be awesome.

jfrey123

I aim to misbehave...
Staff member
Forum Supporter
Head north toward pyramid. Pick a dirt road that's not a driveway, turn. Drive a few minutes and look for shells or debris. Start shooting. Pack out more trash than you took, call it a day.

It is far enough only has to be 1000 feet. and it is in a canyon so the sound is really knocked down. Side note, I was up there today and someone went up there with a bulldozer and really cleaned it up. Nice to see.
New to the area and this sounds close to me. Been thinking I could finally go shooting then I heard rumors that theres no where to shoot. Good to know!

Crud! I can't believe that jerk wiped the map. I finally got some target stands as an early Christmas gift to myself and now the map is wiped out. :cryblow: