• Chat feature is now enabled for ALL USERS!

Got a new job

Mr. B

Obsessed Member
Funny how you are a hypocrite.

And anti Nevada? Nope, not me, I just call it as I see it. Corruption, cronyism , and nepotism, its all here, i just pointed it out.
You just don't appear to be able to see it when it happens anywhere outside of NV. Yeah, we get it.

Note to Admins- I did not start the negativity here or attack anyone here, just responded to the call out. So please dont blame me.
Who called you out? There was a shoe - it could have been anyone's shoe. Yet you chose to not only put it on, but then ran a marathon in it.

You certainly appear to have attacked substitute teachers, as a group, as well as directly attacking me, personally. But I guess that you are simply incapable of any honest self evaluation of your own behavior, so probably don't realize what you are doing.

Last edited:

Mr. B

Obsessed Member
@desertrunner guys happy he got a job. Why do you have to (poop) on his parade? Seems like everything you post is negative and demeaning....Mr. B congrats on your new job.
Thanks. It's nice to be in a financial situation where I can start planning to be here for the long term.

Not sure why he'd even look at a thread I post, since he and I clearly do not get along. Yet, oddly, he jumps into threads where I have posted (and even threads I start) and then tries to say that I am "stalking" or "following" him on the site.

Tophog

Biker Trailer Trash
Staff member
Forum Supporter
[QUOTE="desertrunner]
Note to Admins- I did not start the negativity here or attack anyone here, just responded to the call out. So please dont blame me.[/QUOTE]

I just perused the rest of this thread. I guess I'm one of the 'slow learners' you so generously attribute the handle to when referring to the rest of the forum members.

As I see it, you WEREN'T directly named or referred to in this thread until you reared your ugly attitude. I paid no attention to the OPs initial reference since it had no relevance.

-

I'll refrain from bashing CA since I spent my first 47 years there. To me, it's a perfect state.

But like a dog, it doesn't get to pick what kind of cruel owner it suffers under.

Last edited:
Laughable. All you had to do was announce your new job without taking some obvious stabs at another member. But once you got them in, you got a post you didnt expect and got lambasted. So now you have to go off topic and into full attack mode here.

This is whats wrong with this bulletin board, the admin and mods allow personal attacks and it kills or slows the whole board. Admin- Please dont allow this. Make members stay on topic and dont allow personal attacks, it makes the operation run so much more smoother.

How about you lead by example, instead of attacking me, and trying to mock a group of people who do a very important and often difficult job (substitute teaching) for low pay and no benefits.

I've fought fires a few times while in the military. I've delivered emergency medical assistance to people, both in and out of the military. I've also entered a chaotic classroom full of hostile teenagers, and not only survived, but also connected to them, taught them, and made a positive impact on their lives.

All three are things that take a great deal of effort and skill. All three are things that give immense personal satisfaction when done well, and can be dangerous (to self, as well as others) if done poorly. Just because one is financially compensated at a much lower rate than the other two does not make it unimportant.

Do you also try to dismiss and mock volunteer firefighters, paramedics, and EMTs, or seasonal fire service employees as "extra help"? If so, it would make a lot of sense for the hiring panel of a smaller agency that relies on such team-members to rate you poorly, and not wish to hire you.
I have never stated my profession on this website, you assume way too much. I suggest you just stick to the posted topic at hand and stop with the triggered whining, assumptions and crying here.

Last edited:

titanNV

NRA Endowment Member
Administrator
Forum Supporter
This is whats wrong with this bulletin board, the admin and mods allow personal attacks and it kills or slows the whole board. Admin- Please dont allow this. Make members stay on topic and dont allow personal attacks, it makes the operation run so much more smoother.
If your advice is taken, how would you like us to enforce your suggestion?

If your advice is taken, how would you like us to enforce your suggestion?
My advice would be 3 rules-

1. No personal attacks on other members.
2. Stay on the posted topic or start a new thread on the new topic. (this cuts down on personal attacks)
3. Do not allow false information or fake news to be posted as fact. This erodes the credibility of the whole site. When you allow people to post speculation, guess, rumor, lies or fake new as the truth, it spreads a false sense and hurts the credibility of the whole website, just like a bad newspaper, once you get a reputation of being a bogus source, it never goes away. A recent example from here would be a member posting that "the shooter had to be from California!" This member had no proof, facts, research or supporting data, just the random lie posted to spread BS as the truth. When you lie, you die.

How do you enforce the 3 rules, just as any other current board rules- Post them up, make them known, give warnings to the violators, temp bans with explanations and then perm ban if needed. Just like any rule, statue or law of society, make it known and enforce it.

Well, considering you came in here and continually attacked the OP, would you suggest a warning, temp ban, or perma-boot?
Really? See, this is where skewed vision is, I did not "continually attack the OP". He first posted a statement taking a jab at other people on this board and after making an annoucement. He could have just said "I got a new job" and keep it at that, but he didnt. He made a few obvious side statements and referances to me and I responded to them. In fact, my first words were- "I dont know who actually "trolls" these forums, but I can speak for myself..." There was no attack, rather you want to now color me bad for defending myself and better explaining things. I was then attacked here, but you will disregard that, right?

Should we take a poll?
Do you really need a poll to self manage your website? The masses will always vote down any additional rules they rather break. But hey, keep allowing personal attacks in here and the place will be slow and less people will post. That is social media, not my theory.

How did you do it on your forum, calshooters?
Dont know.

Side note- Here we are again, off topic and killing the board. Perfect example I gave. Instead of focusing on the OP, now we are back to the same old dog pile and harassment issue with an admin joining in instead of managing the issue. This kills the board, trust me. How about getting back to Nevada general issues instead of constantly harassing a member here just because he shared a different opinion. How about taking the high road here instead of validating my points made. Constantly harassing the same member every time they post here looks bad just because youre angry over past opinions and discussions.

Last edited:
I guess I'm one of the 'slow learners' you so generously attribute the handle to when referring to the rest of the forum members.
Can we please make up our minds here, are we not referring to people or are we assuming? If you werent specificially named in the post, then dont assume. First, its posted here that I cant assume in the first post, but we all knew it was me, just not named. Then its ok to assume it was you, even though you were not named. You guys cant have it both ways, please make up your minds.

Last edited:

Tophog

Biker Trailer Trash
Staff member
Forum Supporter
Really? See, this is where skewed vision is, I did not "continually attack the OP". He first posted a statement taking a jab at other people on this board and after making an annoucement. He could have just said "I got a new job" and keep it at that, but he didnt. He made a few obvious side statements and referances to me and I responded to them. In fact, my first words were- "I dont know who actually "trolls" these forums, but I can speak for myself..." There was no attack, rather you want to now color me bad for defending myself and better explaining things. I was then attacked here, but you will disregard that, right?

Side note- Here we are again, off topic and killing the board. Perfect example I gave. Instead of focusing on the OP, now we are back to the same old dog pile and harassment issue with an admin joining in instead of managing the issue. This kills the board, trust me. How about getting back to Nevada general issues instead of constantly harassing a member here just because he shared a different opinion. How about taking the high road here instead of validating my points made. Constantly harassing the same member every time they post here looks bad just because youre angry over past opinions and discussions.
There's the rub . . . bub! You want to continually be a thorn in someone's side. I don't know who pissed in your Wheaties, and I don't care.

So let's address the pretty red highlighted portions! (Since I did that for the slow, low I. Q. readers like myself, I kept them to only five.)

a) While maybe not completely accurate, it's close. A fly doesn't continually annoy someone, but it sure seems like it.

b) Do you have a guilt complex? Does every reference to a 'troll' infer it's about you?

c) See previous comment.

d) If people like you wouldn't try to derail any thing you might take offense at, you're correct. The forum would run way smoother.

e) You're points weren't really validated, except maybe in your own mind. And if you knew what the 'high road' was, you would take your own advice, and not be so vehement in your responses.

-

Quit wasting our time! You're not that important overall.

So, is a week good @desertrunner ?
Shall it be self imposed or do we need to do it for you?
Well, neither because I didnt attack anyone here or break any posted rules. All I did was respond to the orignial post that referanced me and spoke about my time and history in Nevada. The main issue here is I dont follow the sheep and post the material that everyone agrees to or wants to hear. After I posted my response to the OP, then the usual dog pile happened here with the usual insults and false information.

So lets review, I posted about my life in Nevada, some other members got butthurt over it, I was attacked and now I am getting a ban. Does any of this sound odd to you? I ask because this kind of non logical, non critical thinking in Nevada is why you guys lost key parts in this election. Its NOT the California transplants coming over and changing things, thats already been proven by me here, its the old school way of thinking in Nevada. Yes, people are going to change and evolve, its not a "California thing", its a human nature thing. Like I said here before, most Nevadans always blame someone else for their problems and refuse to accept personal responsibility, just like the standard alcoholic. This election will again be blamed on the California transplants, but in reality, its the bully mentality we witnessed in this thread that turns people off. This vary thread mentality of bullying innocent people and then threatening them with punishment, no wonder why there is push back from the people at the voting booth. Could you blame me right now for responding back and fighting against the majority because some of you want to harass and bully an innocent member here for nothing, but when they do push back, you ramp up and threaten back even harder, now with a ban. I would actually call that "corruption", where you punish someone for not really doing anything, you just dont like them because they share a different opinion than you or the bandwagon.

This thread is a perfect example of the Nevada thinking and why you guys lost to the blue party. It was not California or it's transplants, its the old, outdated non logical thinking used in the state. Stop harassing and bullying people, that is the exact reason why they voted against the grain yesterday.

Side note- I am not a democrat, never have been, so dont assume.

Last edited:

Mr. B

Obsessed Member
First week went well. Loving the job, and doing it well.:)

Thanks for the encouragement. :)

And to that one guy, thanks for demanding that you yourself be banned, then complaining when the mods offerred to do it for you - that was comedy gold. :LOL: