Gun Garage / NFA can / ATF question

Roach

#operator
This might be better suited for NFA items but I want more people to see it.

Here's the backstory: Years ago when the file system was in operation I purchased an AAC M42000 from gun garage and paid for the tax stamp. I don't think they ever filed and I never heard anything. I did an SBR on my own back then and received the stamp in 90 days.

Fast forward a couple years and GG is no longer in business and while my lazy is very strong to ignore a $1000 purchase for this long I'm wondering if anything can be done. I heard all ATF items were transferred to another party? Any leads on how to pursue this further?

ATF should have a dealer-to-dealer transfer record, right? Not sure what info the NFA branch would share, but that might be a start. Surely someone knows more than me. 'Dealer went out of business while holding my cans prisoner' is one of my nightmares.

Subscribed.

Roach

#operator
I received a msg that some of the items went to Davidsons. Talked to one of the guys Nevada Firearms and he looked up the serial number. They never received it. I'm not sure the ATF even has a record of it even though I paid the tax stamp. I'm 100 percent positive it never got submitted, but I will call the ATF tomorrow and see if they have a record of it.

STV_Keith

Obsessed Member
Do you have the serial number? When you paid for it, you would have had to do the Form 4 which had the serial number on it. If you have that, call the ATF and ask them who it is registered to.

I'm 100 percent positive it never got submitted, but I will call the ATF tomorrow and see if they have a record of it.
Yeah, that right there and you're probably out of luck. If it was submitted and you had the receipt and S/N and it has to be traceable to someone. Sans that, no way to prove it was intended for you. Ouch.

Roach

#operator
Yeah, that right there and you're probably out of luck. If it was submitted and you had the receipt and S/N and it has to be traceable to someone. Sans that, no way to prove it was intended for you. Ouch.
I have a receipt and a serial number from them though. I will see if it was ever entered into the AFT system by calling them tomorrow. There was no dealer transfer (form 3 I think) it was already in their inventory.

Sorry, I mean if they transferred it to another dealer when they went out of business. There should be a dealer to deal if that happened.

SL Dangerous

Zombies aren't real
Forum Supporter
I was told by staff at Davidson's that they took over (bought I'd presume) the NFA inventory of Gun Garage. In fact I have a can in BATFE jail that was originally from Gun Garage's inventory. So I was told anyway.