• Chat feature is now enabled for ALL USERS!

Here we go again

I wonder how the Dumbocrats are going to tackle gun violence?

In this particular shooting, a handgun was used. Are they going to ban every single handgun in the U.S.? They always say what they are going to do, never how they are going to do it. I wonder if reading the Constitution of the US is even being done in schools? I only read it because I was given a facsimile scroll of it and one of the Amendments. A good query for the media to ask all politicos...Have you ever read the Constitution and the Amendments?

Additional info from news sources: Shooter was a 29 year old former marine with several incidents with the Ventura County S/O. Several months ago was evaluated for mental, was deemed not a threat to himself or others. Weapon was a Glock 21, 45ACP (purchases legally) with an extended magazine (illegal in California). Allegedly drove his mothers car to the scene of the shooting

ZilWin

Obsessed Member
Additional info from news sources: Shooter was a 29 year old former marine with several incidents with the Ventura County S/O. Several months ago was evaluated for mental, was deemed not a threat to himself or others. Weapon was a Glock 21, 45ACP (purchases legally) with an extended magazine (illegal in California). Allegedly drove his mothers car to the scene of the shooting
CBS reported the G21 was 10rd +1, but can you actually believe them? Don't know where the ext mag report came from in your post but antis do tend to embellish facts to meet their narrative.

CBS reported the G21 was 10rd +1, but can you actually believe them? Don't know where the ext mag report came from in your post but antis do tend to embellish facts to meet their narrative.
Ventura County Sheriff Dean, - news conference carried on KFI radio

ZilWin

Obsessed Member
Ventura County Sheriff Dean, - news conference carried on KFI radio
Well alrighty then. CBS reporter probably wouldn't know a 10 rd magazine from Guns & Ammo Magazine. In fairness though, he did refer to it as a magazine rather than a 'clip' LOL

Obsessed Member
Forum Supporter
Sad way to wake up these days, my thoughts and prayers to all involved. I just have to wonder if it fuels California law makers to push for an all out ban, which will fuel our new governor to do the same.

LASCHRIS

"Life is hard enough. It's harder when your stupid
Sad way to wake up these days, my thoughts and prayers to all involved. I just have to wonder if it fuels California law makers to push for an all out ban, which will fuel our new governor to do the same.
After the ban, then what? Ban 28yo's from driving their mothers car? Ban 3 or more people together without a permit from the state?

Tophog

Biker Trailer Trash
Staff member
Forum Supporter
KTLA just reported that the Sheriff confirmed it was an extended magazine.

bullseyeman

Obsessed Member
Expect to see a lot of noise about a federal ban on hi cap mags. And as usual, to no avail.
Or as Shakespeare so eloquently wrote, full of Sound and Fury signifying nothing

YoungGun

Obsessed Member
Forum Supporter
It was never about what weapons were used. It was and always will be about controlling. They will go after the usual suspects ("assault" weapons, hi-cap mags). Guaranty the 2019 Nevada legislative session will have these two on the chopping block along with bump stocks and they will become laws.

Yg

toyhunt

Obsessed Member
CA has laws to take care of mental issues and those with guns. No one followed those laws. So why are they making laws? Maybe just another excuse to punish all gun owners.Maybe go after all verterans with guns.They won't let this one go w/o some more laws.

Gullwing

1911 pistolsmith
Staff member
CA has laws to take care of mental issues and those with guns. No one followed those laws. So why are they making laws? Maybe just another excuse to punish all gun owners.Maybe go after all verterans with guns.They won't let this one go w/o some more laws.
550,000,000 gun control laws failed to stop this, 550,000,001 is the answer

Ka Lbo

Forum Supporter
Being disarmed worked so well for all the victims.
CA CCW can't be used to carry in a bar. Dumbass aspect of CA CCW. IMHO. Understand drinking any alcohol and carrying dumb. At least by me it is. But designated drivers or those that don't drink should be able to carry in a bar.

Thousand Oaks, Ventura County CCW friendly. Or at least it was when I lived in CA.

Fogie

Swimming Pool Monkey
Forum Supporter
The county bar that I go to, open carry and ccw isn't an issue. I don't get drunk and carry anymore than I get plastered and drive, but I will certainly enjoy my freedoms at the same time.

pick_six

Adjusting to the west!
Forum Supporter
Stevie also said he wants to ban suppressor too. Per his campaign commercial.

Control of assembly and Senate, it's an odds on favorite, for all 4.

It was never about what weapons were used. It was and always will be about controlling. They will go after the usual suspects ("assault" weapons, hi-cap mags). Guaranty the 2019 Nevada legislative session will have these two on the chopping block along with bump stocks and they will become laws.

Yg