• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.

Hi Guido, thanks for addressing my post

mesham31

Forum Supporter
Quote:
Originally Posted by mesham31 View Post
A little off topic but I miss Bill's Buy and Sell. Good prices, Good inventory and Good people. Wish someone would open a store like that again.
Yes, as soon as you find mfg's and distributors to lower their prices!

Margins are the same as they've always been, prices have gone up on everything in every industry unfortunately.

$20K pick up trucks in 1998 are now $60K. Same with guns, food, etc, etc.

Our margin makes us less % than the state does off of our sales. It can't get much cheaper than that or we'd be out of business and couldn't pay the overhead and employees.

I didn't want to highjack that thread.

I have been to NFA and spent probably over a thousand dollars there and sent friends there too. You have good prices and good people there. I understand business and it is difficult to have inventory when it doesn't move. I wish there was a better selection of shotguns in Vegas. I know Vegas is not a big clay shooting town (yet?). I am glad that you are doing things with the Skeet league. I don't have a target O/U yet but I want one soon. Mostly I have been looking at Sportsman's Warehouse for this shotgun and their prices are pretty good. I understand that they are a larger outfit and have other better buying power. Didn't want you to think I don't like you guys. By the way I don't think I have even met you there yet.:smile5:

Guido

Vegas' Favorite Gun Store
Commercial Sponsor
Quote:
Originally Posted by mesham31 View Post
A little off topic but I miss Bill's Buy and Sell. Good prices, Good inventory and Good people. Wish someone would open a store like that again.
Yes, as soon as you find mfg's and distributors to lower their prices!

Margins are the same as they've always been, prices have gone up on everything in every industry unfortunately.

$20K pick up trucks in 1998 are now $60K. Same with guns, food, etc, etc.

Our margin makes us less % than the state does off of our sales. It can't get much cheaper than that or we'd be out of business and couldn't pay the overhead and employees.

I didn't want to highjack that thread.

I have been to NFA and spent probably over a thousand dollars there and sent friends there too. You have good prices and good people there. I understand business and it is difficult to have inventory when it doesn't move. I wish there was a better selection of shotguns in Vegas. I know Vegas is not a big clay shooting town (yet?). I am glad that you are doing things with the Skeet league. I don't have a target O/U yet but I want one soon. Mostly I have been looking at Sportsman's Warehouse for this shotgun and their prices are pretty good. I understand that they are a larger outfit and have other better buying power. Didn't want you to think I don't like you guys. By the way I don't think I have even met you there yet.:smile5:

I hear ya, wasn't trying to come off harsh, just reminding some that unfortunately those days are over. Glad you enjoy our store, and like Johnny said, there are many times that Sportsman Warehouse and Bass Pro can beat our prices during a sale because of their buying power and the ability to spread inventory and move it around between hundreds of stores, but more than not, especially on the more expensive guns, we can order it in in 3-5 days and sell it cheaper than them, so make sure you let us quote out that shotgun when you're ready!

Funny fact, I am much more into the things we don't carry in our store (high end O/U shotguns, hunting rifles, reloading, clay sports, etc) but the market for those items just isn't large enough to justify the amount of $$ we'd tie up to stock a very good selection of it, so we sell what sells. I wish it was more feasable for my own enjoyment.

utilitymoose

Active member (5.56mm)
I'm pretty sure reloading supplies would sell like pmags in your store.... Everytime I've been in there I wish you had a reloading section, then see the blown up shotgun on the wall and always think thats why lol

mesham31

Forum Supporter
I'm pretty sure reloading supplies would sell like pmags in your store....
+1
Either NFA carry reloading supplies or Guido lets us know his source for components (by private message of course)....LOL :thumbup:

I will definitely check out NFA for a quote before I buy. I tried the "Gun Genie" and there wasn't much selection though. Is there more "inventory" that is not posted on that site?

Guido

Vegas' Favorite Gun Store
Commercial Sponsor
+1
Either NFA carry reloading supplies or Guido lets us know his source for components (by private message of course)....LOL :thumbup:

I will definitely check out NFA for a quote before I buy. I tried the "Gun Genie" and there wasn't much selection though. Is there more "inventory" that is not posted on that site?
Yes, Gun Genie is through Davidsons, which is just one of the almost 100 suppliers we can buy from. Just swing by or shoot an e-mail to sales@newfrontierarmory.com and we'll quote you on anything you'd like within 24 hours.

I'll reconsider the reloading section once powder and other components are in better flow. I went to Sportsmans Warehouse yesterday to visit a friend, and they only had 3 different powders actually in stock of the 40+ they carry. Thats sad, and scary.