• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.

Hi Power customization

Fogie

Swimming Pool Monkey
Forum Supporter
2019 Supporter
2020 Supporter
Anybody have any experience with The Action Works, in AZ?
I am thinking of sending my Hi Power for a complete, carry gun customization.
He can't do anything for it until the end of the year. He's busy. A good thing, I guess.
A no $ limit, truly worked gun is on my bucket list, and have settled on my trusty old Browning for the candidate.
Any knowledge of the place or advice would be appreciated.
http://www.theactionworks.com

Glocksterpaulie

The Perfectionist
Forum Supporter
I would highly recommend Don for this work. I have a few colleagues who had stuff done by him and were very happy. I had him do a Hi Power for a client of mine 15 years ago and he loved it.

Paulie

Fogie

Swimming Pool Monkey
Forum Supporter
2019 Supporter
2020 Supporter
Thanks. Thats good to hear. I want a good guy, because I'd like to just turn him loose on the thing.

NYECOGunsmith

Obsessed Member
Staff member
Forum Supporter
2019 Supporter
Don't know Don Williams of Action Works personally, but I have had examples of his work come through my shop.

Not for anything he did, just things like spring replacements because the owner liked it so much after Don worked on it that he shot it a lot, and things like " put it back together after owner took it apart", deep cleanings, routine stuff like that.

Mr. Williams does EXCELLENT work, I would have been very happy to have him work for me or with me.

The High Power isn't the easiest gun to work on, or the easiest to understand, and there are more folks out there who foul them up than there are who improve upon them, Mr. Williams definitely improves upon the ones he works on.

Fogie

Swimming Pool Monkey
Forum Supporter
2019 Supporter
2020 Supporter
Thank you, Sir.
Your opinion carries a lot of weight, and pretty much seals the deal.
When he E-mails me with an opening, it's going.
Thanks again

Fogie

Swimming Pool Monkey
Forum Supporter
2019 Supporter
2020 Supporter
Chuck Warner of Elite Warrior Armament.
Googled them. Sounds pretty good. I've already e-mailed back and forth with Don at A Works.
I'm pretty much sold.
Appreciate your response, though.

Fogie

Swimming Pool Monkey
Forum Supporter
2019 Supporter
2020 Supporter
He is a busy guy..Been almost two years. I had to send off another e-mail, but shipping out to AZ Monday..I'm pretty amped!

I would be interested in the final result of your HP. I bought my BHP at the beginning of 2016 after it sat on the shelf for over a year. NIB Mk. III. No hammer bite, but irritated web of my hand while handling it, so I got a new sear and skeletonized hammer installed. I am happy with the trigger, so I left the mousetrap magazine system alone. I rather like that they pop-out quicker. I did get some BHP logo grips from Turkey that are adequate. Still had the thumb-rest, but would have preferred a harder wood to be used. I may stain them darker in the future. BHP Grips.JPG

Fogie

Swimming Pool Monkey
Forum Supporter
2019 Supporter
2020 Supporter
I would be interested in the final result of your HP. I bought my BHP at the beginning of 2016 after it sat on the shelf for over a year. NIB Mk. III. No hammer bite, but irritated web of my hand while handling it, so I got a new sear and skeletonized hammer installed. I am happy with the trigger, so I left the mousetrap magazine system alone. I rather like that they pop-out quicker. I did get some BHP logo grips from Turkey that are adequate. Still had the thumb-rest, but would have preferred a harder wood to be used. I may stain them darker in the future. View attachment 33717
They are sooo pretty!
I love mine, that's why I decided to give her some treatment.
It's been three months, but seems much longer. Taxidermists and Master Gunsmiths sure take their time. Should be worth the wait. :)

Fogie

Swimming Pool Monkey
Forum Supporter
2019 Supporter
2020 Supporter
..pretty sweet. The safety has positive clicks which it didn't, the trigger is as nice as Blacklabsmatter's high dollar 1911s..which it wasn't. Had specified no stippling, but due to a mixup in the shop I got some for nothing and turns out I like it....pretty sweet. My bucket list gun, could have been worse on my wallet.

609FADE1-16A3-4B99-90A8-741629FA55C0.jpeg

D89A2467-282C-4126-BF93-305A4EEBE8B1.jpeg

0FAACDCD-1C90-4F14-8CD2-F64BC222E37E.jpeg

4806A679-5D41-4022-91A7-53B448595385.jpeg

F15633E7-3E35-4DE9-BC44-893623F63AD5.jpeg

Fogie

Swimming Pool Monkey
Forum Supporter
2019 Supporter
2020 Supporter
The $1039.90 is for the "tactical package", which included everything above, then the safety work and shipping.
That package usually includes stippling for a higher price..I requested none and that was discounted.
He offers another package in something like the $2200's?...and I think they have gone up in the last four years.