• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.

hogs 2010

HOGNUTS

Obsessed Member
Marlin

View attachment 1495 first hog 2010 taken with Marlin 336 mxlr and a handloaded hornady ftx load.
I need another rifle like I need a hole in my head, but I love the look of those nw Marlin express with the stainless and blue/wood finish....Nice shooting looks like a good time and a little side pork sounds good for breakfast:tongue_smilie:

gunjunky

full blown addict
Nevada? I wish ! about 1500 miles due east! Counted 27 hogs in the bean fields tonight! couldn't bring myself to shoot another knowing how long it takes to get them butchered. maybe 2morrow i'll take a very young one and throw him on the grill for brunch.

On another note I have never been a big fan of hunting with a 30-30 but after loading and testing several differant loads i am quite impressed with the hornady ftx bullets. I shot that hog in the picture through the lungs with the bullet exiting the right shoulder and the wound channel was devastating leaving a golf ball sized hole right below the the shoulder joint. needless to say he only made a few very slow paces before he expired.:thumbsup::thumbsup: http://www.nevadashooters.com/images/smilies/thumbsup.gif

RepairMan

While normally I'd only shoot what I'd eat... If I was in a wild hog infested area and was a farmer or had a farmer let me on his property, I'd shoot as many as I could. I've heard about and seen some shows on how those things are reproducing like rabbits and destroying everything in site.

chase87

While normally I'd only shoot what I'd eat... If I was in a wild hog infested area and was a farmer or had a farmer let me on his property, I'd shoot as many as I could. I've heard about and seen some shows on how those things are reproducing like rabbits and destroying everything in site.
just moved to Reno from Texas, we used to shoot the hogs pile them up and then shoot the coyotes that came in to eat the hogs, it was a good system, you used to be able to trap and sell them but there are so many now that the price to sale them isnt worth the effort of trapping them,