• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.

How many stick shift drivers do we have?

Native

Member (9mm)
I drove a 2000 Dakota 4WD with the 4.7 and a 5-speed. Fun truck. Traded it in awhile ago on a Ram 1500. My second ride these days is a 62 Chevy longbed stepside. Straight 6 with 4 on the floor. It's what our daughter learned to drive on and drove through high school.

garand_guy

Well-known member (45 ACP)
Forum Supporter
2019 Supporter
2020 Supporter
First truck was a '72 Chevy C-10, 350 small block, with the awful Rochester 4bbl carb and a three-on-the-tree. Once the bushings finally went I had to jump out and jerk the linkage free by hand. I had the jump out, pop the hood, jerk free, slam the hood, and jump back in down to less than 30 seconds. It was a whole new truck after I got the automatic tranny put in.

Janizary

Geth Prime
Forum Supporter
2019 Supporter
2020 Supporter
2022 Supporter
2023 Supporter
2024 Supporter
Trading Post Subscriber
I try to always keep a stick vehicle in the garage, but have been w/o one for a few years. My 84 Cherokee off-road beater went to a family friend that was in serious need of a DD after some life problems. Been looking around for a small stick pickup, but good lord used small truck prices are....crazy.