• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.

Hunter’s safety course

Novabrian

Gun Obsessed
Does anyone know of anyone doing the class in or near Henderson? I just moved here from out of state and looking to go to Dove Opener.

Fogie

Swimming Pool Monkey
Forum Supporter
2019 Supporter
2020 Supporter
She did it all online, just asked...says she picked up her book at Sportsmen's Warehouse. She said, get a book cause you can't click back online.

Fogie

Swimming Pool Monkey
Forum Supporter
2019 Supporter
2020 Supporter
They don't expire, could prob write home and get a card, call?
Might even accept last years license at NDOW....should have the cert. #

rpd83lv

Curmudgeon In-Training
Forum Supporter
If you choose to take the online class, don’t take yourself through the online study guide companion first. The site has a timer that requires you to spend X amount of time per page, so you’ll have a chance to learn it anyway.
Also, you can view other tabs open in your browser and it doesn’t stop the timer.
There’s a quiz for each of the 9 units, and then a final test. Most of the final test uses previously taken quiz questions. 75% is passing.
I worked my way through it over the course of the day (doing other stuff as it came up) and passed w 96%, in about 6 cumulative hours of actual concentration on the material and quizzes.

Last edited:
Go to (hunter - ed ) and do it online. Although it will take some time to complete. I did it because I lost my CA Hunters Safety Course and did not want to go to Bay Area and get a copy, so I found the hunter - ed course online. It has 9 elements (lessons) you have pass but you are given a retest if needed, then you have a practice test and then the final exam. I found it was more extensive than the Hunters Safety Course I took in CA. Once you pass you are given a certificate.

rpd83v; Is absolutely right and it does take some time. I did the hunter - ed course to learn new hunting laws different from CA.

pick_six

Adjusting to the west!
Forum Supporter
2020 Supporter
As noted above the OP seems to have handled stuff.

also as noted above, if you have your hunter safety card from another, NV MAY!! accept it. Many states will. NV is the 2nd state I’ve lived in that accepted my original home state certificate. GA also accepted it when I moved there back in the mid 00’s.

Just showed NV the card, actually scanned it and emailed, and I was good. My mid ‘70s original card had my childhood nickname on it. The eastern state edited it when I requested the copy mid ‘00s And USPS’d it. And it was free.

not sure about the commie states, like CA, if they would be hunter friendly enough to sent a dup of an old card out, or the cost.

good luck to future hunters who need this thread. Hope it helps!

MAC702

LEGEN...wait for it... DARY!
Forum Supporter
2020 Supporter
Commercial Sponsor
...also as noted above, if you have your hunter safety card from another, NV MAY!! accept it. Many states will. NV is the 2nd state I’ve lived in that accepted my original home state certificate. ...
Friend of mine had the course long ago in WY. Didn't even know where her card was. Somehow, it all got proven electronically and far easier than I thought it would be.

When I first got a hunting license in TX, I remember being worried how to prove my Hunter's Ed, as I didn't even bring my NV hunting license with me. But they did it all electronically at the Academy Sporting Goods customer service desk.