• Chat feature is now enabled for ALL USERS!

I am so done with ......

stitch702

Recovering Gunaholic
Forum Supporter
I’ve got a stripped Daniel Defense Mk18 SOCOM upper sitting in my cart for Brownels. I’m trying to talk myself out of it, but with the deal they got going on with an additional $70 off and free shipping....it’s tempting. I’ve always wanted to build an mk18 sbr with one of the colt or kac stripped lowers I have sitting around....hmmmm talk me out of it!

YoungGun

Obsessed Member
Forum Supporter
I’ve got a stripped Daniel Defense Mk18 SOCOM upper sitting in my cart for Brownels. I’m trying to talk myself out of it, but with the deal they got going on with an additional $70 off and free shipping....it’s tempting. I’ve always wanted to build an mk18 sbr with one of the colt or kac stripped lowers I have sitting around....hmmmm talk me out of it!
Still over price for current environment. You still need to add BCG/CH, BUIS, red dot/scope just to finish up the upper alone. Just my opinion.

Yg

stitch702

Recovering Gunaholic
Forum Supporter
Still over price for current environment. You still need to add BCG/CH, BUIS, red dot/scope just to finish up the upper alone. Just my opinion.

Yg
I appreciate your attempt of talking me out of it, but I am weak. $697 shipped was a good deal in my eyes for a Daniel Defense upper that normally sells for $874 plus shipping. For a complete upper you are looking at $1100-$1200 without optics or sights. I would have tossed out the charging handle and flash hider anyway. I liked the fact that it did not have the Daniel Defense cheesy logo that appears on their complete uppers. Besides I've already got a tool craft BCG, Knights Armament rear sight, Daniel Defense front sight, and Raptor Charging handle sitting around :). I've had this build planned for a while, I just got offset with other projects. Be on the look out because I may be selling some firearms to offset the costs and fund this build.

YoungGun

Obsessed Member
Forum Supporter
I think I am down on the negative end. Bought a few items (I don't need) lately. Need to be selling a few items to balance out my spending as intended. On the bright side, the items that I bought were the ones that I was having an eye on for a long time (no impulse buying) and also they came at great deals.

Yg

Sledge

stuck in the 80's
I think I am down on the negative end. Bought a few items (I don't need) lately. Need to be selling a few items to balance out my spending as intended. On the bright side, the items that I bought were the ones that I was having an eye on for a long time (no impulse buying) and also they came at great deals.

Yg
That pretty much echos my situation.

YoungGun

Obsessed Member
Forum Supporter
That pretty much echos my situation.
Sold a few more items (one more big ticket item will be delivered tomorrow). Back on the positive side. My revised objective is working out pretty good. Rather than completely stop all purchases, just aim for an even or positive cash flow.

Yg

YoungGun

Obsessed Member
Forum Supporter
I am so done with buying any more stuffs for at least a year. Both by choice and by force since we just picked up a new "used" vehicle for the wife. No, I don't do vehicle financing and no new car. We're fine with replacing used vehicle with a newer used vehicle. No car payment to be worrying about.

Yg

Gullwing

1911 pistolsmith
Staff member
I am so done with buying any more stuffs for at least a year. Both by choice and by force since we just picked up a new "used" vehicle for the wife. No, I don't do vehicle financing and no new car. We're fine with replacing used vehicle with a newer used vehicle. No car payment to be worrying about.

Yg

Sledge

stuck in the 80's
Why can't I stop buying stuff?!?! At least i was able to sell a couple things to buy a couple things. Oh and a couple more things. That rabbit hole is deap o_O

YoungGun

Obsessed Member
Forum Supporter
I traded away the G34 in post #1 of this thread without even fired a single round. I am also so calm internally with the impulse buying. I think (and hope) that I am finally cured after all these years. Wish me luck.

Yg

There will be a relapse, don’t fight it. It’s only a matter of time. Accept who you are :LOL:

There’s been a fair bit of movement this year with what I had. Finally in a good spot and am down a couple of guns from the start of the year. I never say never but would have to be something interesting to tempt me these days. Maybe a CMP Garand?