• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.

I will not be back

flyer338

NRA Patriot Life Member Benefactor
Forum Supporter
2019 Supporter
2020 Supporter
I called the 2A gun shop last week to inquire about .32 acp SD ammo. They did not answer their phone, and I tried several times. Saturday, I decided to drive out and with no warning, I was denied entrance because I was not wearing a mask. Alas, I have health conditions that preclude wearing a mask; that mattered nothing to them. I doubt that I will ever be back.

flyer338

Forum Supporter
2019 Supporter
2020 Supporter
Ok. Your call. So you were inconvenienced. Doesn't mean they are not concerned for their customers, more likely it means they are concerned for their employees as well.
I spoke with the store by phone just before going there to verify they had what I was looking for, and there was no mention of the mask requirement.

SixshooterSam

What, me conspiracy?
"Any store that *requires* their customers wear a mask will not be getting my business either." Big Amen on that one! In NV 365 deaths/3,080,000 people = .01% thats one one-hundredth of one percent folks. Sure the shutdown did a lot to stop the spread but that was over two months ago. Time to open up! People are acting like sheep. I call them "sheeple", high percentage are democrats.
Maybe that means all the democrat-voting idiots will stay home and social distance themselves away from polls on November 3rd...

flyer338

Forum Supporter
2019 Supporter
2020 Supporter
I think wearing a mask is the latest form of virtue signaling: a mask will not stop you from getting sick, and if you are already sick, stay home.

Kinoons

Obsessed Member
Forum Supporter
2019 Supporter
2020 Supporter
I think wearing a mask is the latest form of virtue signaling: a mask will not stop you from getting sick, and if you are already sick, stay home.
There is some evidence that if both parties are wearing masks and are in close quarters together for less than 15-30 minutes that transmission can be prevented.

We still don’t know a lot about this virus for certain. However it does appear that surgical masks can be helpful. Unfortunately there is no evidence either way about makeshift cloth masks.

The issue were running into now is that many good recommendations from the .gov are accompanied by obviously stupid ones, like close boat launch ramps or wear masks on hiking trails. When you get dumb recommendations like that the decent ones get lost in the mix as all the recommendations are considered illogical.

And yes if you know you’re sick stay home. This particular SARS virus doesn’t always manifest with symptoms before a patient becomes contagious. The previous SARS virus from several years ago did.

DonTom

Obsessed Member
Forum Supporter
2019 Supporter
The mask is not to protect yourself. It is supposed to protect others in some (rather rare, IMO) situations.

FWIW, I have not yet used one either. But I hear many stores in CA have been requiring it.

Also, here.

Those links are more than a month old and I think I recently heard all stores are now requiring masks in CA

And CA's nonsense often leaks into to other states.

-Don- Reno

Kinoons

Obsessed Member
Forum Supporter
2019 Supporter
2020 Supporter
The mask is not to protect yourself. It is supposed to protect others in some (rather rare, IMO) situations.

FWIW, I have not yet used one either. But I hear many stores in CA have been requiring it.

Also, here.

Those links are more than a month old and I think I recently heard all stores are now requiring masks in CA

And CA's nonsense often leaks into to other states.

-Don- Reno
The masks is to protect you as much as the other person, especially when you’re both wearing one.

And asymptomatic transmission is not that rare. I’ve seen asymptomatic patients myself in my practice.

Here’s the basic info from the CDC. Close contact for 15 minutes is the general consensus.

https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-ncov/php/public-health-recommendations.html