• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.

I will not be back

SixshooterSam

What, me conspiracy?
Nobody in the political, medical, or pretty much any other world can make up their minds about masks, so I'm going to do the obvious thing and NOT wear one. I've made it 38 years so far without falling victim to the latest black death fad "pandemic" despite never wearing a mask in public, so I think I'm going to be just fine.

DonTom

Obsessed Member
Forum Supporter
2019 Supporter
Nobody in the political, medical, or pretty much any other world can make up their minds about masks, so I'm going to do the obvious thing and NOT wear one. I've made it 38 years so far without falling victim to the latest black death fad "pandemic" despite never wearing a mask in public, so I think I'm going to be just fine.
What I found interesting is how DR. Fauci mentioned that masks could add to the danger because of people touching their faces to put on and take off the mask.

I wonder how many caught the bug by using a face mask!

Really, I am not convinced either way if the masks help or not. But I do wonder why the opinions from the experts have changed on this issue.

-Don-

they’re just making this sh!t up as they go... Next week they’ll tell us masks are out and we need to wear blue socks to protect everybody

40DC9D90-2173-4DA7-B8B1-1F682317B2BE.jpeg
For those of you still wiping down groceries and other packages amid the ongoing coronavirus pandemic, breathe a sigh of relief: The Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) now says the novel virus “does not spread easily” from "touching surfaces or objects" — but experts warn that doesn’t mean it’s no longer necessary to take "practical and realistic" precautions in stopping the spread of COVID-19.
Though it’s not exactly clear when, the federal health agency appears to have recently changed its guidelines from early March that simply said it “may be possible” to spread the virus from contaminated surfaces. The CDC now includes "surfaces or objects" under a section that details ways in which the coronavirus does not readily transmit.

Kinoons

Obsessed Member
Forum Supporter
2019 Supporter
2020 Supporter
I remember at first they were saying that the masks were useless against this bug. Or was that only DR. Fauci who said such?

What made him change his mind?

-Don- Reno, NV
At first we were telling the public to not get surgical masks because there wasn’t enough for the hospital staff.

Then we went with the notion of wearing masks to keep your spit to yourself.

Then we again realized there weren’t enough masks to go around so we said wear a cloth mask, it’s better than nothing.

The reality of off of this, is of course, somewhere in the middle.

There has been research in Singapore and Hong Kong that demonstrates that if both parties wear surgical masks transmission can be prevented in cases of short duration close contact.

(I linked to these studies in the other covid thread)

Other research shows that masks may be of less benefit.

Some research says healthcare workers need to wear N95 respirators or better for their entire shift to have the most benefit. Surgical masks are better than nothing and cloth masks in the hospital do basically nothing.

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC7191274/

I believe Fauci keeps changing his mind because the science on this is still evolving. We’re trying to make the best decision we can with the evidence we have.

It still boils down to wearing a mask in an indoor public location most likely is helpful and won’t hurt you if you use it properly. Sure you don’t have to do so, but you also don’t have to wipe the seat when you piss on it either. Both are dick moves.

DonTom

Obsessed Member
Forum Supporter
2019 Supporter
they’re just making this sh!t up as they go...
I would like to think they are learning more as we go.

But one thing I have learned in my 70 years on earth. This world run on BS!

But I try to look at the good side. It's the one resource we will never run out of. The BS is everywhere.

-Don- Reno

Kinoons

Obsessed Member
Forum Supporter
2019 Supporter
2020 Supporter
The medical science is one thing.

Economics and sociology are sciences, too, and they are being completely ignored.
True. Like I said in another thread you can expect a medical doctor to have a bias towards making a decision based on medical science. A good leader takes the input from experts in medicine, economics, and sociology, and then comes to a decision that helps the most people with the least harm. Then the administration has only the singular message that the HMFIC approves. Too bad that isn’t happening.

Last edited:

ZilWin

Obsessed Member
Many places are simply trying to placate the gullible public so they can keep their doors open. I was asked to wait outside the pro shop at a golf course because someone arbitrarily determined only two people could 'safely' be in the space at the same time. The guy thanked me and said 'we're just trying to stay open'. While I don't buy into any of this arbitrary crap, I understand the plight of these merchants and their struggle to stay open. They don't like this any more than the rest of us.

doz

Obsessed Member
Forum Supporter
Comical is walking into a restaurant where MANY people touch your plate, silverware, prepare your food and watching people wear their masks. Common sense is out the window at this point. You are worried to the point where you wear a mask INTO a restaurant but gladly take it off to eat food prepared by someone else and handled by at least 2-3 people?

Amazes me that people are this stupid.

That said, there was only a handful of mask wearers. Seemed most people were happy to be "normal" again and out enjoying themselves. Good to see.

ZilWin

Obsessed Member
Went to a 'sports bar' type restaurant the other night and I did not see masks on any patrons including the pickup customers. The place had a eerie feel as they removed half the tables, all the barstools, and had caution tape stretched across every other booth and the pool tables. Felt like I was eating in a warehouse right after Metro had wrapped up the investigation. Not the vibe I expect when I go out for lunch or dinner.

Ka Lbo

Forum Supporter
2019 Supporter
2020 Supporter
With Chinee virus, WuFlu, ChiCom-19, Covid-19 in mind...

For 90 days or so, both the medical community and CDC have been all over the place on the need or value of wearing a mask.
- Even what the hell constitutes an effective mask. Now the maroons even say wear anything and call it a mask.

IMO, each change in position is rooted in PC logic. Which in itself is BS.

It is past time to act normal...as in the way we acted in January.

Masks as commonly worn, too commonly required these days, ARE nothing short of stoopid.

And, quite frankly, CDC is my last source for guidance.

100%, CDC and WHO have f@cked up this entire Chinee virus response since the Chinee Virus arrived...from Chinee Land.

Last edited:

LASCHRIS

Forum Supporter
2020 Supporter
they’re just making this sh!t up as they go... Next week they’ll tell us masks are out and we need to wear blue socks to protect everybody

View attachment 62901
For those of you still wiping down groceries and other packages amid the ongoing coronavirus pandemic, breathe a sigh of relief: The Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) now says the novel virus “does not spread easily” from "touching surfaces or objects" — but experts warn that doesn’t mean it’s no longer necessary to take "practical and realistic" precautions in stopping the spread of COVID-19.
Though it’s not exactly clear when, the federal health agency appears to have recently changed its guidelines from early March that simply said it “may be possible” to spread the virus from contaminated surfaces. The CDC now includes "surfaces or objects" under a section that details ways in which the coronavirus does not readily transmit.
Playgrounds have always been very dangerous places. Effing libtards.

playground.jpg

MAC702

LEGEN...wait for it... DARY!
Forum Supporter
2020 Supporter
Commercial Sponsor
Worked on a condo roof yesterday. The playground, exercise bars, and even sitting benches were all roped off. Some pissant desk-jockey sure feels good about himself ordering that.

ZilWin

Obsessed Member

johnthomas

Henderson
Forum Supporter
I can clearly see, not many of you have sat in a tank, in a MOP suit with a gas mask in the desert for hours at a time, lol,

Last edited:

LASCHRIS

Forum Supporter
2020 Supporter
So NJ, one of the hardest hit states, has decided that the social distancing guidelines limiting groups to 10 or less (supposedly based in some scientific virological studies) is too restrictive for the upcoming holiday weekend, so the new 'holiday science' increases the limits to 25 as a 'safe' congregational limit. Hahahahahaha

https://6abc.com/new-jersey-covid-19-coronavirus-governor-phil-murphy-outdoor-gatherings/6203775/
Who will be counting the numbers in the groups? Everyone in the group have a hollow point bullet in their pocket.

flyer338

NRA Patriot Life Member Benefactor
Forum Supporter
2019 Supporter
2020 Supporter
Real data about anything connected to the “pandemic” is devilishly difficult to acquire. I am particularly interested because other health problems make wearing a mask a non starter, and I am at higher risk for serious complications if I become infected. There are too many who are interested in skewing the information to support a narrative instead of figuring out the best way to move forward.
As far as I can see there are two reasons to wear a mask. They first is to avoid being infected. This requires a N95 or better mask, and it is appropriate to health care providers, or others likely to come in contact with irresponsible sick people.
if you are sick, stay home! That is really a social responsibility stricture.
While I do not contest that people that have Covid-19 and are not displaying symptoms can transmit the virus, I suspect it is relatively rare. This is why.
When one thinks about how the virus leaves the body to infect someone else, it is obvious the vector is bodily fluids.
Normal breathing is a possible vector, but I suspect the range and saturation make infection unlikely. On the other hand, someone who is coughing and has a fever is likely spreading the virus widely.
Cloth masks at the most charitable, might mitigate the virus spread from the coughing infected, but in truth it is not likely because the infected touch things. The science is not settled, but it appears the virus lives for a while and can be transferred from contaminated surfaces.
My suggestion is that sick people stay home; people at greater risk of complications consider the risk and decide what they should do, healthy people in a low risk category should go to work, go to restaurants, and act normally. We have reached the point where the cure is worse than the disease. Please see the recent Los Angeles antibody study where a random sample suggests that between 2.8% and 5.6% of the population has been infected and has recovered. This greatly changes the denominator and all of the conclusions about the death rate.

Last edited: