• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.

I will not be back

Status
Not open for further replies.

pooty

Forum Supporter
they keep changing the plan first it was 'flatten the curve' which made sense for like two weeks at most, now it's open up very slowly unless the reinfection rate increases, followed by 'wait for the vaccine'. How many have lost their jobs already? 30 - 40 million?!

MAC702

LEGEN...wait for it... DARY!
Forum Supporter
2020 Supporter
Commercial Sponsor
And yet when I put fuel in the pickup at a Sinclair this morning, there was a sign on the door ordering everyone to REMOVE their masks before entering.

Go figure.

SixshooterSam

What, me conspiracy?
There's tons of that up here in the Reno area. Many of them are wearing gloves as well. Some of these same people are touching their face, reaching under the mask, etc. without skipping a beat. We all know that this world is full of hopelessly clueless people, but this whole nonsensical situation has made it even easier to spot them than ever before.

flyer338

NRA Patriot Life Member Benefactor
Forum Supporter
2019 Supporter
2020 Supporter
There are two goups, not defined by conventional political labels: we have the pro-freedom group and the antI-freedom group. For once, it is easy to tell them apart.

There are two goups, not defined by conventional political labels: we have the pro-freedom group and the antI-freedom group. For once, it is easy to tell them apart.
I prefer the world where one chooses when they do or don't 'wear a mask' and at the same time a store owner chooses who they will or won't allow into their place of business.

Both have the right to live their lives without intrusive BS

I prefer the world where one chooses when they do or don't 'wear a mask' and at the same time a store owner chooses who they will or won't allow into their place of business.

Both have the right to live their lives without intrusive BS
Exactly. As much as I think a lot of it is silliness, I’m 100 behind the fact that a store owner has the right to dictate terms in his/her place of business. Whether I agree or not is irrelevant and my only say is with my dollars.

For instance: I was considering selling a sig with optic. Well I hate selling guns without replacing them so I called a few shops starting with those I’ve shopped at before looking for an in stock 320 x5 legion. I asked the price and was quoted $400 more than the gun was openly advertised for on multiple sites. I figured whatever they’ve matched the appointment only place prices for me 2x before, when they were on warm springs, so I’ll go in anyway. I verified their hours on their site and stopped by their place on Blue Diamond Rd. Well there were a couple guys outside wearing masks and I just assumed they worked there. I asked if the place was already closed and they said no they’re only letting one customer in at a time. Okay, cool...well you should maybe put that on your site right? Well my money is going elsewhere.

In contrast another shop by my work on Russell is completely normal. No fuss at all. Some people wearing masks, some not. Everyone seemingly being aware of social distancing.

I asked if the place was already closed and they said no they’re only letting one customer in at a time.

Man that is so over the top stupid. You did the right thing to take your business elsewhere.

ONE customer at a time.

Wonder if they have found that puts a subtle pressure on customers to quickly decide to purchase a firearm when it is "their turn".

I stopped going to that shop after getting the stink-eye and attitude from an older gentleman behind the counter (who seemed to be in charge based on his attitude and the deference the other guys in the shop seemed to show him) when I went in to pick up a transfer - I was one of the lucky ones who scored a Galil Ace "blemish" at $999 from Classic last year. He seemed offended that I went that route instead of buying the one they had on the wall for almost twice that price.

He wasn't in the shop the other times I had been there, and I had spent OVER $2k.

Last dollar they ever got from me.

Ventura Munitions gets all my transfer business, always friendly and happy to get my transfer business, and because the guys there are ALL great guys and very helpful, I ALWAYS spend about $100 over the price of the transfer on ammo and/or accessories, whether I need it or not, and whether or not their prices are better than online.

Man that is so over the top stupid. You did the right thing to take your business elsewhere.

ONE customer at a time.

Wonder if they have found that puts a subtle pressure on customers to quickly decide to purchase a firearm when it is "their turn".

I stopped going to that shop after getting the stink-eye and attitude from an older gentleman behind the counter (who seemed to be in charge based on his attitude and the deference the other guys in the shop seemed to show him) when I went in to pick up a transfer - I was one of the lucky ones who scored a Galil Ace "blemish" at $999 from Classic last year. He seemed offended that I went that route instead of buying the one they had on the wall for almost twice that price.

He wasn't in the shop the other times I had been there, and I had spent OVER $2k.

Last dollar they ever got from me.

Ventura Munitions gets all my transfer business, always friendly and happy to get my transfer business, and because the guys there are ALL great guys and very helpful, I ALWAYS spend about $100 over the price of the transfer on ammo and/or accessories, whether I need it or not, and whether or not their prices are better than online.
I can’t even remember how many transfers I’ve done there, but it was a lot more before the tax was added. Everything I’ve purchased from Gunbroker or PSA has been sent there without ever being given an attitude or being made to feel like I should have shopped there first. the two suppressors were done through their kiosk. If they had the 320 legion there I would have purchased it cause I’m weak like that. I know if purchased a few Sigs there and my Noveske lower. Anytime I’ve been too lazy or busy to load if picked up bulk ammo. Only minor complaint is the bulk .223 IMO isn’t very good (maybe a bad lot) and it caused jams in multiple ARs. Dude with pony tail and the owner seem cool.

If were being brutally honest about the other shop I was swept multiple times being shown pistols. Yeah they’re not loaded, but still, not cool at all.

I can’t even remember how many transfers I’ve done there, but it was a lot more before the tax was added. Everything I’ve purchased from Gunbroker or PSA has been sent there without ever being given an attitude or being made to feel like I should have shopped there first. the two suppressors were done through their kiosk. If they had the 320 legion there I would have purchased it cause I’m weak like that. I know if purchased a few Sigs there and my Noveske lower. Anytime I’ve been too lazy or busy to load if picked up bulk ammo. Only minor complaint is the bulk .223 IMO isn’t very good (maybe a bad lot) and it caused jams in multiple ARs. Dude with pony tail and the owner seem cool.

If were being brutally honest about the other shop I was swept multiple times being shown pistols. Yeah they’re not loaded, but still, not cool at all.
The top part of this post refers to VMunitions, right?

The guy with the pony tail is always the coolest, friendliest guy - he remembers everyone, and loves to chat about guns- looks about 40's like he might be from Hawaii ? (just a guess)

So the shop that moved to a new place is where you were muzzle swept? That's the one that I got attitude at for a transfer. The attitude even made me decide that day NOT to spend extra on ammo or accessories, which for many years has been my policy for any shop that handles a transfer for me. Bummer because I had gotten great service from an employee there when I bought an expensive rifle there (and the service was great even before I decided to "pull the trigger" and bring out a wad of bills.)

Or do I have it backwards (LOL) ?

The top part of this post refers to VMunitions, right?

The guy with the pony tail is always the coolest, friendliest guy - he remembers everyone, and loves to chat about guns- looks about 40's like he might be from Hawaii ? (just a guess)

So the shop that moved to a new place is where you were muzzle swept? That's the one that I got attitude at for a transfer. The attitude even made me decide that day NOT to spend extra on ammo or accessories, which for many years has been my policy for any shop that handles a transfer for me. Bummer because I had gotten great service from an employee there when I bought an expensive rifle there (and the service was great even before I decided to "pull the trigger" and bring out a wad of bills.)

Or do I have it backwards (LOL) ?
No, you have it right. One is a forum sponsor and the other is not Which is why I didn’t want to put one on blast. Ventura is where I’ve received great service and I’ve used their site to order numerous guns without ever stepping foot in the shop until it was time to pick it up.

I haven’t been to the store / range on Blue Diamond since the new owners took over. The old shop was by my Vet on warm springs which is the only reason I stopped there. I was looking around at the Walther PPS M2 for carry and I went in there and they matched pricing with another local shop. Second and only time I went there I wasn’t looking for anything but walked out with a sig 320RX because, well, it was on sale.

ZilWin

Obsessed Member
I said exactly the same thing the other day. Sure is easy to tell who's voting for whom now.

I called the 2A gun shop last week to inquire about .32 acp SD ammo. They did not answer their phone, and I tried several times. Saturday, I decided to drive out and with no warning, I was denied entrance because I was not wearing a mask. Alas, I have health conditions that preclude wearing a mask; that mattered nothing to them. I doubt that I will ever be back.
The gun shops have been CRAZY busy due to panic buying. When you have people lined-up to ask you questions in your store, they should be first on your customer service list. I'm sure nobody on this site would like to be interrupted over and over by the phone when they are standing there wanting service. As far as the mask issue; people have died and maybe that hot, itchy mask might prevent someone else from getting sick. It's a small price to pay with everything that is going on in the world. You have the choice to shop where you want... Stay Safe

SixshooterSam

What, me conspiracy?
The gun shops have been CRAZY busy due to panic buying. When you have people lined-up to ask you questions in your store, they should be first on your customer service list. I'm sure nobody on this site would like to be interrupted over and over by the phone when they are standing there wanting service. As far as the mask issue; people have died and maybe that hot, itchy mask might prevent someone else from getting sick. It's a small price to pay with everything that is going on in the world. You have the choice to shop where you want... Stay Safe
Gun shops are full of *potential* customers, who often ask lots of questions, take lots of the employee's time and then don't buy anything. Just like any other store. Same goes for phone calls - more potential customers.

A smart gun store that is that incredibly busy would either hire an additional employee to man the phones, or give out overtime to those already working there. Getting too busy to attend to all of your potential customers is a great way to lose them. Same with nonsensical mask requirements. Never in our society has wearing a mask been commonplace, so suddenly expecting everyone to start wearing a mask everywhere is neither realistic nor acceptable. I stand by my refusal and will not give my business to any store that requires I wear a mask.

Status
Not open for further replies.