IDPA @ DSRPC

Results from todays match.

Thanks to all that came out for today's match. We only had 5 squads with 8 shooters each. We moved along pretty quickly except for set up. We only had 8 shooters sign up for work crew. We will need more next month if we expect to get started on time and finished before the heat sets in.

I hope all those who came out to shoot and those who stayed home had a great Mother's Day.

Here is the link for today's results:

https://practiscore.com/results/new/1e131d43-ca67-459c-a17f-9707c57e3a18

--

Las Vegas IDPA

We shoot the 2nd Sunday of the month at DSRPC

Let me say congratulations to Charlie Ward on shooting a tremendous match today. High OA and most accurate in his first IDPA match. 👍

SSP Div Champ- Jonathon Bissett
ESP- Scott Valentine
CDP- Kevin Solan
CCP- Jeff Quayle
REV- Hector Hernandez
CO- Bart Carter
TC- Paul Perez
TCB- Michael Hedden
PCC- Stuart Miller.

Last edited:
Nicely done! Are you running a go pro or another brand? I would like to record my matches to review them later.

Tks
I'm using a gopro hero4 session, I managed to find it re-certified for under $100. I use a hat clip to clip it to my hat and just start recording at "load and make ready" and turn it off after scoring.

Reviewing the footage is definitely helpful for seeing some areas that you won't remember after the match, for example above I clearly remember on stage 1 the mag getting stuck in my pocket, but I didn't remember that on stage 2 I shot the 3rd target 5 times when I only needed to shoot it 3 (I took 1 deliberate make-up shot on the headbox)

MAC702

LEGEN...wait for it... DARY!
Commercial Sponsor
Forum Supporter
Let me say congratulations to Charlie Ward on shooting a tremendous match today. High OA and most accurate in his first IDPA match. 👍

SSP Div Champ- Jonathon Bissett
ESP- Scott Valentine
CDP- Kevin Solan
CCP- Jeff Quayle
REV- Hector Hernandez
CO- Bart Carter
TC- Paul Perez
TCB- Michael Hedden
PCC- Stuart Miller.
What Division did Charlie win? And definite congrats on most accurate!

What Division did Charlie win? And definite congrats on most accurate!
SPD which is sort of a catch all for non-conforming guns to the other divisions. He was shooting his duty rig and weapon with RDS & WML. Watching him shoot I don't really think the gear made that much of a difference.

8.2.10 Specialty Divisions (SPD)
A. IDPA encourages shooters to practice their gun handling skills with commonly carried firearms. Many everyday carry firearms do not fit into the 6 competition handgun divisions.
B. IDPA allows clubs to add “Specialty Divisions” for scoring. This division allows cartridges smaller than 9 mm, carry optics, activated lasers, mounted lights, and other firearms which do not fit into the other competition divisions to participate in matches.
C. All other IDPA equipment rules apply for holsters and loading device holders as well as their placement on the body. Match Directors also have the option to allow junior shooters with .22 rimfire firearms to begin strings at low ready in lieu of requiring a holster.
D. All IDPA membership rules apply.
E. Specialty Division classifications are based on the shooters highest classification of regular IPDA divisions.
F. Clubs are not required to implement this provision, and Match Directors are allowed discretion with implementation so that match quality remains high.

MAC702

LEGEN...wait for it... DARY!
Commercial Sponsor
Forum Supporter
Thanks. I know of the division (I also have my rule book at matches). It just didn't make the list below and division is what matters. Overall is just a talking point for some.