• Chat feature is now enabled for ALL USERS!

IDPA - Las Vegas Practical Shooting Club

tom

uber n00b

tom

uber n00b
Alright thanks, have a few friends that have been talking about getting into IDPA or 3 gun and weren't really sure where to start.
All you need to start IDPA is a handgun, holster and 3 mags. A single or better yet a double mag pouch would be good but I am ok if you pull out of your pockets. I rather people try it and figure things out then invest in gear.

I just need a good holster and I think I have everything else. Just wanted to see what it was like and get a feel for how the competition works. I'd be more in it for fun than anything else. I shoot strictly for fun and wanna keep it that way.

tom

uber n00b
Either one will be in SSP division unless you made external modifications. We can discuss more when you come out to observe

tom

uber n00b
If there are visible external changes, including the trigger then you would have to shoot it in the ESP division. These mean nothing to you but doesn't stop you from shooting. We will deal with that when you come out to shoot.

tom

uber n00b
Las Vegas Practical Shoot Club Monthly IDPA Match, hosted by Nevada Firearms Coalition, will be held on Sunday, June 24, 2018 at Clark County Shooting Complex - Education Center.

Education Center is located at the end for the road past the Rifle & Pistol Range.

Please pre-register online at https://practiscore.com/las-vegas-practical-shooting-club-june-24-2018-idpa-match/register

NOTE: Practiscore has changed it policy all those registering must create a PS account. Only info they ask for is name and email address. Please do this, it will help us continue using this valuable tool.

There will be 5 stages with 4 squads of no more than 12 shooters per squad (48 max in match).

Match Fee

$20 for NVFAC members (please bring your membership card)
$25 for non-members

If you would like to join the NVFAC and save $5 each match and at other events and just help support their efforts, please join here https://www.nvfac.org/646/join and print out and bring confirmation email or send email to us)

Divisions will be SSP, ESP, CCP, CDP, BUG, REV along with SPD (if your gun doesn't fit in any of the other divisions) and the new provisional division Carry Optics (CO). PCC will not be available for now. We will not accept preregistrations for a 2nd gun. If there is room, the morning of, you can then pay for a 2nd gun.

Check-In / Registration closes at 8:30 AM SHARP; shooters meeting at 8:45 AM; Match starts immediate after shooters meeting.

Please be at CHECK-IN no later than 8:30 am to pay or you will lose your spot.

First time IDPA shooter orientation at 8:15 AM, PLEASE check in by 8 AM.

We need about 8 volunteers (and two pickup trucks) to help with building and tearing down stages. Anyone that volunteers gets a complimentary match fee and the appreciation of us all. Those working must be at the range at 7:00 AM and stay after match ends to clean up.

***We will confirm with you, BY EMAIL, if you will be needed for setup crew. Only eight volunteers get the complimentary match fee***