Illegal fireworks.....

JR3

living in Henderson NV
I hate people who shoot off illegal fireworks at 11pm. And this guy does it every year and this will last way into the night.........
#1. I have to work tomorrow and get up at 5am.
#2. I have 2 Labs that get scared when they hear the huge boom from the next street over. Essentially 3-4 houses away.

Makes me want to lay a scope on his AC unit...won't but...I wanna..

johnthomas

uber n00b
Forum Supporter
I hear you. My three dogs where scared to death. Big booms and fireworks. I have to get up at 11 am, or 1pm, lol, I am retired.

Fogie

Swimming Pool Monkey
Forum Supporter
Duck dogs dig the boom and stuff falling. I thought mine and his girlfriend were going to jump the six foot wall to fetch those sparks.

DonTom

Obsessed Member
Forum Supporter
Here in Auburn, CA I didn't hear a single firework of any type all night. Not even a distant trace of it can be heard here.

I think people who live around here know better. It's all trees in this area.

-Don- Auburn, CA

LASCHRIS

Life is hard enough. It's harder when your stupid
I hate people who shoot off illegal fireworks at 11pm. And this guy does it every year and this will last way into the night.........
#1. I have to work tomorrow and get up at 5am.
#2. I have 2 Labs that get scared when they hear the huge boom from the next street over. Essentially 3-4 houses away.

Makes me want to lay a scope on his AC unit...won't but...I wanna..
It's 01:39 and the Ftards are still lighting fuses. Dog's are not enjoying this, wife is all pissed off. I was thinking of ordering a yard of river rock and asked that it be dumped in our local illegal fireworks enthusiasts driveway.

Ron_O

Cave Dweller
Our place is like a war zone on the 4th. Last night the local firefighter (me) had to routinely wander to front and back to check for stray rounds igniting everything in the area. And these are BIG rounds, like you see at the major shows. One neighbor was firing at a slight angle and damn near torched a couple of his neighbors cars more than once due to misfires.

I enjoy the freedom and celebration of the event in general, but when it gets dangerous it's not as fun. Found a bottle rocket in the driveway this morning and more in the street. Haven't checked the back yard yet. Fallout debris fragments everywhere.

My Rottweiler is getting better. Every year we take her to the shows and she stays close. For the past couple of days when she'd bark when she heard rounds going off, I just casually exclaimed, "Fireworks". Trying to program her. So last night just before dusk when it was her usual time to play ball in the street, I took her out and played. She'd only go half way on the long ones, wait between rounds going off, and then finish getting the ball. She was still skittish and hesitant but did a great job overall. Rounds were going off heavily all around us while we played.

Worst night on record since we've been here. The MONEY these people must be spending! Pretty impressive displays overall though. No need to go to GVR for a show, we had it on all sides right here at home.

Gullwing

1911 pistolsmith
Staff member
The area my sister lives has had some pretty good shows the past few years. Last night they started up again and within in a few minutes metro was on one group. Then the next group started and metro quickly arrived. But the show continued on after that. Not sure how long it went on, but didn't seem like it was going to last very long after I went home. Our street had a few, but not much. I passed out before 11 and got up after 11 so me no care.

Ron_O

Cave Dweller
The area my sister lives has had some pretty good shows the past few years. Last night they started up again and within in a few minutes metro was on one group. Then the next group started and metro quickly arrived. But the show continued on after that. Not sure how long it went on, but didn't seem like it was going to last very long after I went home. Our street had a few, but not much. I passed out before 11 and got up after 11 so me no care.
Over 12 hours of sleep?!! OMG I'm long overdue for such an event! I just wake up, don't have any alarms or schedules to meet. Probably average 4-6 hours a night now.

Gullwing

1911 pistolsmith
Staff member
Over 12 hours of sleep?!! OMG I'm long overdue for such an event! I just wake up, don't have any alarms or schedules to meet. Probably average 4-6 hours a night now.
Yep. Spent the past week and a half getting Gpa's house ready to sell and the night before I only got 4 hours sleep.
Spend a week working hard from morning to night and into the night, then wake up the final day and work until 3 and hope in a car for four hours. Yeah I am sore.

Ron_O

Cave Dweller
Yep. Spent the past week and a half getting Gpa's house ready to sell and the night before I only got 4 hours sleep.
Spend a week working hard from morning to night and into the night, then wake up the final day and work until 3 and hope in a car for four hours. Yeah I am sore.
That's about how I respond to 30 hours straight of playing poker during my binges when the better half is out of town! Definitely go into LaLa Land when I hit the sack.

Makulit

Very Active Member
Our place is like a war zone on the 4th. Last night the local firefighter (me) had to routinely wander to front and back to check for stray rounds igniting everything in the area. And these are BIG rounds, like you see at the major shows. One neighbor was firing at a slight angle and damn near torched a couple of his neighbors cars more than once due to misfires.

I enjoy the freedom and celebration of the event in general, but when it gets dangerous it's not as fun. Found a bottle rocket in the driveway this morning and more in the street. Haven't checked the back yard yet. Fallout debris fragments everywhere.

My Rottweiler is getting better. Every year we take her to the shows and she stays close. For the past couple of days when she'd bark when she heard rounds going off, I just casually exclaimed, "Fireworks". Trying to program her. So last night just before dusk when it was her usual time to play ball in the street, I took her out and played. She'd only go half way on the long ones, wait between rounds going off, and then finish getting the ball. She was still skittish and hesitant but did a great job overall. Rounds were going off heavily all around us while we played.

Worst night on record since we've been here. The MONEY these people must be spending! Pretty impressive displays overall though. No need to go to GVR for a show, we had it on all sides right here at home.

this sounded like my neighborhood last night, I got 3 neighbors that seem to compete, I bet they spend north of 5k each on fireworks, possibly double that sometimes. cops never came. but my dog was good as long as she could see them.

NYECOGunsmith

Obsessed Member
Staff member
Idjits in the section 8 apartments on the far edge of my property tried for the 14th straight 4th of July to set the field between us on fire. Twice, first time around 2140, second at 0015. Cops cited them first time, arrested them second. Drunk and stupid. But at least this year the field didn't catch, that's a first. Previous 13 years it did burn.

LASCHRIS

25,000 complaints, only 50 cites issued according to news. Something tells me, the politicians ain't going to ban the sale of the super fireworks anytime soon. To many votes to lose, and to much tax dollars, and bribes. Did I say bribes? I am pissed as hell at neighbor two doors down. Couple of months ago his wife/gf came to the door begging for food. Of course we cleaned out our cupboards and delivered. On the 4TH he is in the middle of street for hours lighting fuses. This guys a renter, along with the dirtbags next door. All their trees are dead. I for one am not fond of house fires.

How does this system work? I keep up my property, pay taxes, vote, give to charity, obey the law, and what do I get? The satisfaction knowing I been F'd without even dinner, or a kiss.

Warboar

uber Member
For those who have dogs give them a benadryl. Depending on the size of the dog. Talk with your vet and they should be able to give you the dose. I have a Belgian Malinois and he used to be fine around firearms and fireworks. The past few years he hasn't been. I gave him 1.5 adult benadryl and he handled it like a champ. I forgot to give it to him on Memorial day and paid the price when we came home from the fireworks at the park. He shat and peed all over the kitchen floor and was worked up into a tizy.

My (poop)zu must be broken. The fireworks didn't phase him the least bit. He went outside himself and did his business repeatedly during the onslaught.

Random pops going off in my neighborhood till about 3am Thurs morning. There will be more this weekend I'm sure as they use up the leftovers.

The guy 2 doors down still has a big pile of ashes and debris in the street in front of his driveway 2 days later that looks like he has no intention of sweeping up.

Aren't people great? LOL

LASCHRIS

Random pops going off in my neighborhood till about 3am Thurs morning. There will be more this weekend I'm sure as they use up the leftovers.

The guy 2 doors down still has a big pile of ashes and debris in the street in front of his driveway 2 days later that looks like he has no intention of sweeping up.

Aren't people great? LOL
Wind will blow the mess into someone elses driveway. Why would he care? Nobody can/will do nothin about it.

Gullwing

1911 pistolsmith
Staff member
Could always move it to right in front of their front door...
We set off our fireworks and they then went into water bucket and then when done into neighbor's trash can because they refuse to take it off the street.

geo

Obsessed Member
Staff member
And.. this is why Clark county needs to get smart like Nye did, and give people a legal, safe area to shoot them off. We pay a 5 dollar fee when we buy fireworks, get a permit, go out to the site and shoot off anything we want, safely and under supervision so nothing gets out of hand. THEN go after the shooters who go blow them off in neighborhoods.

LASCHRIS

Could always move it to right in front of their front door...
We set off our fireworks and they then went into water bucket and then when done into neighbor's trash can because they refuse to take it off the street.
Legal firearms I assume? Had a neighbor like that once. Left his cans out in the street. Found a rusty chain and old lock. Cleaned up the lock, chained the cans a block away to a utility pole. Message received. No more cans in the street.