• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.

In Memoriam . . . Members Gone Too Soon

Cujo

FFI CCI
Forum Supporter
we used to joke all the time about whatever was for sale kyle would buy it. he wheeled and dealed with me a handful of times.
I remember that also. There was that running joke back then if there was a good deal, Kyle would be all over it. :). Tophog said it best with, "The Art of the Deal."

I first met you (Requiem) at our first "meet and greet" which must've been back in 2009. I also met Kyle and his Dad, Gene10mm, Gehwermonkey, and many other good folks. I remember Kyle as being soft-spoken and kind.

The next time I saw him was at our 2nd NS gathering at that restaurant near Bass Pro. I felt someone grab my arm and he said, "Remember me? I'm Kyle, KyletheCannoli." I almost didn't recognize him because he lost a lot of weight and looked great. He was the same nice guy. . .

Glocksterpaulie

The Perfectionist
Forum Supporter
2024 Supporter
Trading Post Subscriber
I remember that about Kyle. Posting stuff and before you checked out your post to see if it was okay Kyle would say I will take it. I was always like is that ****ing guy looking through my window as I post.

Paulie

SG1

Well-known member (45 ACP)
I remember that also. There was that running joke back then if there was a good deal, Kyle would be all over it. :). Tophog said it best with, "The Art of the Deal."

I first met you (Requiem) at our first "meet and greet" which must've been back in 2009. I also met Kyle and his Dad, Gene10mm, Gehwermonkey, and many other good folks. I remember Kyle as being soft-spoken and kind.

The next time I saw him was at our 2nd NS gathering at that restaurant near Bass Pro. I felt someone grab my arm and he said, "Remember me? I'm Kyle, KyletheCannoli." I almost didn't recognize him because he lost a lot of weight and looked great. He was the same nice guy. . .
I remember going to the range with him in Boulder City, and the Pit Stop, I can not help but wonder how much business he steered towards them.

Bulleteater

Big Stick policy
Forum Supporter
I'm so very sorry to announce that one of our Forum Moderators, Chad Broderick (AKA "Mr. Tuna") passed away Thursday. I have no other details at this moment. Still in shock and trying to process. Sincere condolences to his family.

R.I.P. Chad

E.T.A. I see that he made the news, and I'm now even more shocked.

Bulleteater

Big Stick policy
Forum Supporter
It's been a few years since he passed away, so we need to add Carey Barclay aka: "CAB" to this thread. Can't believe we forgot about him.

He had a great collection of AKs, including a few that were full-auto. He had been collecting them, well since....forever. Many of his toys were in mint condition, with amazing Combloc wood furniture. Pristine. Browse the "Official AK Picture Thread" and you might see a few pics, if they haven't been removed.

He was one of the most popular guys at our Nevada Shooters Group Shoots (when we used to have them back in the day).

My CAB story: He and I had a range day scheduled for BRPC where I was a member. This was gonna be !!!Fun times!!! cuz I was gonna get to shoot his full-auto AKs so I was giddy as a kid, so giddy that I forgot to check the range calendar. Dooh! Anyway, I drove myself and he followed behind in his car loaded with AK treasures. Half-hour from Hendo to Boulder. Time. Gas. Etc...

We get to the range, and I see all this traffic - including bus-loads of people. Yeah...Shot Show Media Day. Range is closed for the day. Dooh! Boy did I feel like a fool. Profuse apologies on my part. CAB was a good sport about it, though. But I was totally bummed.

People pass on, but they never really die, if you keep their memory alive. Even if it's something you wanna forget. :frown:

Ricci

Active member (5.56mm)
Forum Supporter
It's been a few years since he passed away, so we need to add Carey Barclay aka: "CAB" to this thread. Can't believe we forgot about him.

He had a great collection of AKs, including a few that were full-auto. He had been collecting them, well since....forever. Many of his toys were in mint condition, with amazing Combloc wood furniture. Pristine. Browse the "Official AK Picture Thread" and you might see a few pics, if they haven't been removed.

He was one of the most popular guys at our Nevada Shooters Group Shoots (when we used to have them back in the day).

My CAB story: He and I had a range day scheduled for BRPC where I was a member. This was gonna be !!!Fun times!!! cuz I was gonna get to shoot his full-auto AKs so I was giddy as a kid, so giddy that I forgot to check the range calendar. Dooh! Anyway, I drove myself and he followed behind in his car loaded with AK treasures. Half-hour from Hendo to Boulder. Time. Gas. Etc...

We get to the range, and I see all this traffic - including bus-loads of people. Yeah...Shot Show Media Day. Range is closed for the day. Dooh! Boy did I feel like a fool. Profuse apologies on my part. CAB was a good sport about it, though. But I was totally bummed.

People pass on, but they never really die, if you keep their memory alive. Even if it's something you wanna forget. :frown:
Well said and agreed.

titanNV

NRA Endowment Member
Staff member
Administrator
Forum Supporter
Trading Post Subscriber
Didn't realize he passed. RIP, CAB.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

NYECOGunsmith

WILL BAN FOR AAA Batteries
Staff member
Administrator
Lead Bouncer
Forum Supporter
2019 Supporter
2020 Supporter
2021 Supporter
2022 Supporter
2023 Supporter
2024 Supporter
Trading Post Subscriber
Just got word that we lost "Saladin"...........William "Billy" Stojack, passed away yesterday at his shop.

He was only 71, another good man gone.

We once had the same employer, knew a lot of the same folks, and worked in the same parts of the world at different times, but never met until he came to Pahrump 3 months ago to get his HAM license.

RIP Wild Bill.

Bulleteater

Big Stick policy
Forum Supporter
Just got word that we lost "Saladin"...........William "Billy" Stojack, passed away yesterday at his shop.

He was only 71, another good man gone.

We once had the same employer, knew a lot of the same folks, and worked in the same parts of the world at different times, but never met until he came to Pahrump 3 months ago to get his HAM license.

RIP Wild Bill.
He was on a number of other gun forums under the same handle, but didn't post very much on our site - "professional lurker" about sums him up.

I recall that folks sent him a bunch of their own Tavors so he could work on them prior to a training course.

Any insight as to why he chose that handle ("assignments" in the Middle East)? History buffs know that Saladin (Salah ad-Din) was a major thorn in the side of the Crusaders.

NYECOGunsmith

Staff member
Administrator
Lead Bouncer
Forum Supporter
2019 Supporter
2020 Supporter
2021 Supporter
2022 Supporter
2023 Supporter
2024 Supporter
Trading Post Subscriber
He was on a number of other gun forums under the same handle, but didn't post very much on our site - "professional lurker" about sums him up.

I recall that folks sent him a bunch of their own Tavors so he could work on them prior to a training course.

Any insight as to why he chose that handle ("assignments" in the Middle East)? History buffs know that Saladin (Salah ad-Din) was a major thorn in the side of the Crusaders.
Yes, the middle east and s.e. Asia were the two places we both lived and worked that overlapped. Bill was a history buff as well as a gunsmith, he had a lot of skills and hobbies.

Last edited:

castanagajt

Obsessed Member
Forum Supporter
I remembered going to Jordi's wake and it hurt. He fixed my 22/45 but cursed at it "I hate springs!" I had a few adventures with him. Glock sleeve, chronograph, Windhorse airsoft, which he would purchase for his two boys. "Madspaniard." Yeah, he was mad up there lol. I remember Christina...I brought her a Honda Civic EX transmission from Las Vegas to Pahrump. She gave me her Star31PK pistol in trade. When I last seen her alive she didn't recognize me. A brain cancer took her. "Thegunnutt." CAB oh Carey I used to poke fun at him for being so "old." I met him a few times but one day he invited my brother and I over to his home to learn about AKs and we all passed out slouched over on his metal chairs. I would always catch him at the Cashman show and he is always peeking what AK part I purchased. CAB gave me a personal call late at night to congratulate me for winning the Corey Graham Rifle Dynamics rifle and told me that he had a feeling that I was the one to win. I received one of CAB's personal izhevsk akm magazine from his brother, part of his will. Made me sad.
Fixer or Todd. I can't figure out why I can't find his posts. He passed a few years back. He let me borrow his 9mm buffer, he gave me a boob tube TV. I was to give it back but our meet up times are so off and we always agreed "next time." I was going to give it back to his parents but they didn't like firearms as he. I am sure he is happy that it was my lucky buffer and he wants me to keep it.
Kyle! Damn you! always sniped everything haha. I miss him too. I asked him what is a Cannoli and he went off hahaha
It hurts still that I have all my deceased friends things and sure wished they left me with instructions as they used to.

Last edited:

NYECOGunsmith

Staff member
Administrator
Lead Bouncer
Forum Supporter
2019 Supporter
2020 Supporter
2021 Supporter
2022 Supporter
2023 Supporter
2024 Supporter
Trading Post Subscriber
We lost another long time member this past Thursday, 14 February 2019, Curt Mick, Lonerider, aged 62, died of a heart attack while driving to his newly purchased home in Utah.
He managed to pull his F350 and travel trailer over to the shoulder of the road on 160 about 10 miles east of Pahrump before he died, typical of him, not wanting to endanger others because of his actions. 25 years as a cop, lots of scrapes, shootings, traffic accidents and he goes out like this.

He leaves behind two sons, his horse and dog, and a large number of friends.

Rest in peace buddy.

Edited, I made a typo, it was Thursday, Valentines day, 14 February 2019 when Curt passed, not Friday. He passed at approximately 0530 in the morning, about 7 miles east of Pahrump on East Bound 160, just passed the Nye County / Clark County line, which I am sure, knowing him, amused him as he was not fond of Clark County at all!

Last edited:

Alcohaulin

"I see that you have made three spelling mistakes"
Wow, I'm surprised and sad to learn that Kyle has passed. He was so young. I remember how stoked he was when he got his M1A. I met him at a shoot years ago. Rest easy bro.

1550661819531 (1).jpeg

Last edited: