Indoor range recomendations

kkf

uber n00b
Need a recomendation for a indoor range that doesn't harass you for picking up your own brass and has no problems with reloaders. Used to use Green Valley Range during summer months when its to hot for outdoors. But they have turned very unfriendly and now have a no brass pickup policy.

Prefer something in the Henderson, south Vegas area.

Need a recomendation for a indoor range that doesn't harass you for picking up your own brass and has no problems with reloaders. Used to use Green Valley Range during summer months when its to hot for outdoors. But they have turned very unfriendly and now have a no brass pickup policy.

Prefer something in the Henderson, south Vegas area.
Really? When did they start a no brass pickup policy? I always picked up my brass there.

Epic Milk

uber n00b
Forum Supporter
2019 Supporter
I see people picking up their own brass at Discount Firearms a lot, that may be a little far for you though (off the Sahara exit of the 15). $10 to shoot as long as you want. May be a wait on weekends (tourist range), but in the middle of the week I've never seen more than 3 lanes being used in the morning.

Last edited:

kkf

uber n00b
Really? When did they start a no brass pickup policy? I always picked up my brass there.
I did too, their rules say its OK as long as its your brass is not down range, and I specifically asked about this 2 years ago when I started going there.

After a rather unpleasant day at this establishment that started with an employee hinting at me taking some left behind ammo a couple of times. And ending with 2 employees behind the glass making a rude comment about the guy dumpster diving for brass, I emailed the company from the link on their web site. I got a reply from a a guy named Jerry, who claims he is the president. His response to picking up brass was this: "As far as picking up brass , we ask patrons not to pick up because we have had several instances of people on hands and knees and causing a safety issue" and this " I said we would prefer you not to chase brass".

He did offer to give me range brass if I asked after shooting. But the general unfriendliness and rude behavior of the employees, and the response to my email have me looking for some place else.

Please include prices with any recommendations in this thread! I've only shot indoors at Range 702 in Vegas. Everyone seems nice and I've never felt "hounded", though I did go with 2 friends once so there were 3 of us on a lane and found out there is a 2 hour time limit. We were told to wrap things up; lost track of time. Range fee is $10 for the first person, then $5 each for up to 2 more shooters.

I did too, their rules say its OK as long as its your brass is not down range, and I specifically asked about this 2 years ago when I started going there.

After a rather unpleasant day at this establishment that started with an employee hinting at me taking some left behind ammo a couple of times. And ending with 2 employees behind the glass making a rude comment about the guy dumpster diving for brass, I emailed the company from the link on their web site. I got a reply from a a guy named Jerry, who claims he is the president. His response to picking up brass was this: "As far as picking up brass , we ask patrons not to pick up because we have had several instances of people on hands and knees and causing a safety issue" and this " I said we would prefer you not to chase brass".

He did offer to give me range brass if I asked after shooting. But the general unfriendliness and rude behavior of the employees, and the response to my email have me looking for some place else.
It’s just my opinion but it seems like maybe something else was going on that day, and everything they did just escalated the situation and irritated you a little more. I’ve had those days too when everything seems to go wrong.

Everything they told you is exactly what they told me the first time I went there. I only pickup my brass if it’s in my booth or behind me. If it bounces out front, it’s theirs now. Especially when it’s crowded in there. And although I never took them up on it they offered me the same deal, if I loose too many ask them and they’ll give me some from their range brass. It all seemed reasonable to me.

I always like to put myself in the other shoes. Imagine how many people slide under the counter to retrieve either their brass or something else that fell forward with no regard to what’s happening around them. Did you ever look at the ceilings in ANY of the indoor ranges? I was always amazed how rounds could end up there? Also if you shoot in one of the end positions look at how many hit the side walls. I’m sure these guys see some very unsafe conditions daily. And the worse fear for a business owner is that someone gets hurt in their place of business. With today’s 2nd Amendment climate, that would shut them down immediately.

Again this is just my opinion, I have no affiliation with them.

kkf

uber n00b
It’s just my opinion but it seems like maybe something else was going on that day, and everything they did just escalated the situation and irritated you a little more. I’ve had those days too when everything seems to go wrong.

Everything they told you is exactly what they told me the first time I went there. I only pickup my brass if it’s in my booth or behind me. If it bounces out front, it’s theirs now. Especially when it’s crowded in there. And although I never took them up on it they offered me the same deal, if I loose too many ask them and they’ll give me some from their range brass. It all seemed reasonable to me.

I always like to put myself in the other shoes. Imagine how many people slide under the counter to retrieve either their brass or something else that fell forward with no regard to what’s happening around them. Did you ever look at the ceilings in ANY of the indoor ranges? I was always amazed how rounds could end up there? Also if you shoot in one of the end positions look at how many hit the side walls. I’m sure these guys see some very unsafe conditions daily. And the worse fear for a business owner is that someone gets hurt in their place of business. With today’s 2nd Amendment climate, that would shut them down immediately.

Again this is just my opinion, I have no affiliation with them.
Well I behave just as you. I pick up my brass after every clip, I don't cross the red line, and I don't have a fit when they sweep behind me. I was well prepared to write it off as maybe they were having a bad day, or even me but thought the owner should at least know about his employee all but accusing me of stealing someones ammo left behind. The 1st time the guy came by and asked, fine. But to come by a second time and demand to see all my ammo is crossing the line.

I have asked employees about getting range brass before and even asked about it in their new store that day. The reply is always, we don't sell or give away the spent brass. So they obviously have no program in place for this to happen.

Maybe I'll get over it in time. Maybe I'll only take wheel guns to the place so I don't have to look for the brass. But for the time being I'd like to try some other places that are reloader friendly.