• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.

Jeep XJ mechanic

Well-known member (45 ACP)
Forum Supporter
2019 Supporter
2020 Supporter
2021 Supporter
2022 Supporter
2023 Supporter
2024 Supporter
Trading Post Subscriber
Good looking rig man !

I too drive a v6 Jeep but unfortunately it’s one of the bigger POS Jeep ever made. I’ve been taking it to Jesse at R&R auto in downtown for four years now. He’s a cool dude with fair prices. 702) 654-3774

Bonez

I have had a lot of interactions with the folks at Vegas 4X4 and Dan’s Driveline over the years with my Jeeps and both are excellent in what they do.
That being said, with Jeep using that 4.0 HO I6 from 1987-2006, any mechanic worth their salt should know how to work on it, so anyplace you go should be able to do it. If you were so inclined to do it yourself you would most likely have really good success between the helpful info on YouTube and JeepForum.com.

Milford Automotive on North Decatur is a good place with an owner that is honest and fair - you might want to check with them to see if they can provide some insight as well.

REM45

Active member (5.56mm)
I have had a lot of interactions with the folks at Vegas 4X4 and Dan’s Driveline over the years with my Jeeps and both are excellent in what they do.
That being said, with Jeep using that 4.0 HO I6 from 1987-2006, any mechanic worth their salt should know how to work on it, so anyplace you go should be able to do it. If you were so inclined to do it yourself you would most likely have really good success between the helpful info on YouTube and JeepForum.com.

Milford Automotive on North Decatur is a good place with an owner that is honest and fair - you might want to check with them to see if they can provide some insight as well.
I second Milford Automotive.

My Dads a 4th generation Nevadan and has run his own mechanic shop in NLV for over 30 years. We mostly take the UTVs out for rips now, but the XJs are always a blast for a nice stroll with the dogs. His is on the left below, mine on the right. One of his mechanics has a '92 as well. Then he probably has about 5 or 6 junkers in his yard for parts.

Message me if you want his info.

20190623_194223.jpg

Bonez

My Dads a 4th generation Nevadan and has run his own mechanic shop in NLV for over 30 years. We mostly take the UTVs out for rips now, but the XJs are always a blast for a nice stroll with the dogs. His is on the left below, mine on the right. One of his mechanics has a '92 as well. Then he probably has about 5 or 6 junkers in his yard for parts.

Message me if you want his info.
Sounds like this place would be worth knowing about, I would appreciate knowing about his shop if you are willing to post the name/address of the business - free word of mouth advertising is never a bad thing