Jerry Lewis estate auction - including guns

johnf

Bullycide Technician
Forum Supporter
The libtard infested library won't allow viewing the link.
So I guess I will lookup sunflowers & kitty kats instead.
The whole county workforce should be fired and get these sit on azz weasels out.
Replace them with their pet "undocumented persons" for a lark. At half price,no pensions,etc.

LASCHRIS

Life is hard enough. It's harder when your stupid
I would rather have a colonoscopy then watch info wars. What does your comment have to do with the late Jerry Lewis and his collection?

Ron_O

Cave Dweller
Some interesting stuff there.
Yeah I looked through all of it. LOTS of guns. Curious what the prices will be going for. Normally they add a 10% buyers fee on top of the taxes and bid price. I might have to enhance my 'cash stash' a bit by Friday and then head that way 'just in case' something interesting stays within my budget.

In a way it was difficult to look back and see some of the stuff offered. Some would be really cool to have. I was a big fan of Jerry when I was a kid and he did so many films with Dean. Not so much a fan as he aged and became 'anything BUT' the Jerry of old.

pick_six

Adjusting to the west!
Forum Supporter
i've always been a shotgun guy, and the a5 and 1100-20 look really nice.

and some of those revolvers had my attention.

i could see a jerry fan really bidding things up. especially the one from mel torme. and a few of the others.

Kinoons

Obsessed Member
Forum Supporter
The libtard infested library won't allow viewing the link.
So I guess I will lookup sunflowers & kitty kats instead.
The whole county workforce should be fired and get these sit on azz weasels out.
Replace them with their pet "undocumented persons" for a lark. At half price,no pensions,etc.

:unsure: Huh?

I wonder if the auctioneer will have a local FFL on site to complete sale ??
I don't think that they will. Below is what is posted in the catalog. It looks like it will need to be transferred to your local FFL. So, in the end is appears that it could get a bit pricey if you win an item with all the additional fees you could incur.

JLewis_Auction.jpg

Ron_O

Cave Dweller
25% buyers premium is steep!
I've been to a lot of auctions. The 25% Buyers Premium is added to the PRICE of the winning bid. Then sales tax. Can't recall if tax is also added to the Buyer's Premium but I think it is because in the end that's part of what you actually PAID for the item, before tax.

So a $400 bid on a gun is really a $500 bid, plus tax. In my head I used to just add 20% to whatever my bid amount was to cover the fees and taxes. A lot of bidders probably won't figure this out until AFTER they've won an item. If you have a resale license then no tax.

Ron_O

Cave Dweller
I don't think that they will. Below is what is posted in the catalog. It looks like it will need to be transferred to your local FFL. So, in the end is appears that it could get a bit pricey if you win an item with all the additional fees you could incur.

View attachment 31883
I doubt that anything will sell for anything close to prices we're used to. You buy something because of the provenance of it having once been owned by Jerry, easily documented by the sale itself.

I'd be buying for that reason, regardless of what it was. What's it worth to you to own one of Jerry Lewis' guns? Is a $400 Beretta 92 worth $800 because it was Jerry's? Maybe.

Gullwing

1911 pistolsmith
Staff member
I've been to a lot of auctions. The 25% Buyers Premium is added to the PRICE of the winning bid. Then sales tax. Can't recall if tax is also added to the Buyer's Premium but I think it is because in the end that's part of what you actually PAID for the item, before tax.

So a $400 bid on a gun is really a $500 bid, plus tax. In my head I used to just add 20% to whatever my bid amount was to cover the fees and taxes. A lot of bidders probably won't figure this out until AFTER they've won an item. If you have a resale license then no tax.
I watch a local online auction a lot and it is always interesting to see how people bid. So when I figure out what my max bid I always do it while including fees. It used to be fees and taxes separate, but the last one was tax on the fee so my total was off by a few dollars.

People get caught up in auctions something fierce. Saw 50 round box of Remington UMC? FMJ go for $20 plus 15% plus tax. LOLOLOLOL

NYECOGunsmith

Obsessed Member
Staff member
First Auction I went to here in Pahrump 13 years ago, watched a foreign made (I think it was one of the really crappy Spanish or South American copies) copy of a Winchester 1906 pump .22, was worth about $10 as it was 100 years old, the barrel was shot out, the firing pin was broken, firing pin spring was missing, carrier was broken, blueing was gone, stock was cracked, rear sight leaf was busted.

With the buyers premium and tax it went out the door for $880!

With me standing next to the bidder, old fellow who had just moved here from New York City, and me trying to tell him it wasn't worth it after the price went to $25. Guy from New Jersey on the other side of him was the only other bidder. When the buyer picked it up the next day at the gunshop, I happened to be there, should have heard him howl after the owner told him it needed to be looked at by a competent gunsmith , then pointed at me as I tried to get out the door when the buyer asked if there was on on the premises. He started howling after I told him what was wrong, and that he was looking at an easy $500 to fix it all, he asked what it would be worth then, told him, about $50, it's not a real Winchester 196, if it was, in the shape it was in, it would be worth about $175, fully restored, maybe $500-800. A NIB 1906 Winchester .22 Pump would be worth about $3,000 to $3,500, they made nearly 850,000 of them but few survive in decent condition.

Buyer was howling that he had been robbed and that he would have the auction house arrested and would sue them...……..for what , all they said was at the start of the auction that it was a copy of a 1906 Winchester .22 pump, in poor condition, no one made him bid a single cent on it!