Kids fishing

Kinoons

Obsessed Member
Forum Supporter
Found a local pond that has a whole boatload of bluegill. The smaller ones lived maybe 12-18” off shore and we’re easily visible. We were going to try to catch trout and catfish but as soon as my kids saw these they were literally hooked. All we had to do was put a small chunk of hotdog on a hook and dip it in the water.

My son pulled out 16 or so. My daughter got 5 or 6. 17BF1A36-4140-4D4B-93F4-CF4EF73DC107.jpeg 49F0E2F6-398D-4057-89B9-266020348EEA.jpeg

Kinoons

Obsessed Member
Forum Supporter
Sorry, no. Albuquerque NM. Does have thinking about how difficult would it be to put a bluegill pond in the back yard though.

Last edited:

nschiff

Forum Supporter
We used to catch them in the smaller ponds at Floyd Lamb (back when it was a state park). The little ones would hang out right at the edge. I have no idea what the ponds look like now, but it was pretty fun as a teen/young adult.

Brider

CPAs do it by the numbers
Staff member
Forum Supporter
We used to catch them in the smaller ponds at Floyd Lamb (back when it was a state park). The little ones would hang out right at the edge. I have no idea what the ponds look like now, but it was pretty fun as a teen/young adult.
I have taken my son there a few times and only caught a rainbow once; usually we make the trek up to UT to actually catch something. I grew up by a lake and used to catch bluegill and perch all day long, miss having access to something like that since my boy loves to fish.