Kudos to NFA

R1_Demon

I just wanted to give Kudos to Shellie & Guido at NFA.

I had placed an order for a S&W M&P .40 Compact with an online dealer and I had spoken to another private FFL (prior to knowing about NFA doing FFL transfers) about him handling my transfer of the new firearm a couple of weeks ago. He seemed like he knew what was going on and explained the process and everything seemed good to go.

So, I ordered the firearm on Thursday morning and sent an email to the private FFL and figured he would send his info to the dealer and all would be good. I waited...and....nothing that day. I wasn't too happy. So, I gave him the benefit of the doubt and sent a follow up email the next morning stating that the online dealer was asking for the FFL license and we had spoken about it and to please let me know if he had sent it or not...I checked Fri afternoon and....you guessed it...nothing. :ranting:

Ya, the heck with this crap! Then I remembered all the rave reviews about NFA that I read here and a co-worker that purchased from NFA (plus, I did contact them to see if they could get the 40c for me as well), so I decided to call Friday afternoon to ask NFA if they could do the FFL transfer for me.

I spoke with Shellie, who was very nice and knew her crap (which is a pleasure, I might add...nothing like getting someone on the phone that doesn't know what the heck you're talking about). She even remembered who I was (from me requesting info about the 40c from them a few days earlier), which impressed me and made me happy and within a few minutes after I had spoken with her, she already sent the FFL out to the online dealer! Now that's some darn good service! She was even kind enough to email me back and let me know she had sent it out and everything was good to go on her end.

So, I'm very, very happy with the service I received from NFA. I know my transaction hasn't been completed as of yet, but I do have to say that what I have seen, especially as a first time customer of NFA, has been outstanding and I'm impressed. Awesome customer service and I thank them very much for it.

Now I just have to wait for the online dealer to ship the firearm out so I can get it from NFA once it comes in, but now it's the dealer I'm waiting on...not anything on my side and that's what I like.

So, Shellie/Guido, thank you...I'm happy, impressed and appreciate your work thus far on my FFL transaction. You will see future purchases from me. :)

Take care,
Mat (South Bay Photography)

Guido

Vegas' Favorite Gun Store
Commercial Sponsor
Glad to hear you had a good experience!

I'd liek to chat with you re: your photography background when you have a chance. I may have some barter work for you if you're intrested.

JFComfort

Well-known member (45 ACP)
Glad to hear you had a good experience!

I'd liek to chat with you re: your photography background when you have a chance. I may have some barter work for you if you're intrested.
Something kinky in the works? Guido calendar for the ladies?

Glocksterpaulie

The Perfectionist
Forum Supporter
2024 Supporter
Trading Post Subscriber
Shellie is great. I had her put a few things a side for me until I could get to the store to pick them up, I have the curse of being a perfectionist and OCD on being organized.

So I admit I can be a PITA when it comes to people remembering to do things and paying attention to detail.

Guido is also great after a good kick in the nuts to wake him up in the morning.

Paulie:appls:

mxgdess

Guido, I would like a calendar.

And thanks guys! You rock!!! Mat... looking forward to meeting you! We will call you as soon as your gun arrives

R1_Demon

Definitely a good experience thus far and I don't see or expect that changing. :thumbsup:

LOL about the calendar...but we can make it happen. :D Been there, done that...

Thanks Miss Shellie...can't wait till it comes in...I'm like a darn kid counting down to Christmas right now. I've never wanted a weekend to end so bad. LOL!

Guido - Look for my PM about the photography info. :D

R1_Demon

Guido & Shellie - Sorry I missed both of you on Monday...thought I'd take a chance and go up and say hi, but I guess you were both out...ooops! LOL

Left my card for you anyway. Give me a shout when you'd like to discuss things. :)

Guido

Vegas' Favorite Gun Store
Commercial Sponsor
Sorry I missed you, but I do have your card, and when I'm ready to start working on the projects I'll give you a call for sure.

R1_Demon

No worries and I'm glad you got the card. Just give me a shout when you're ready to set stuff up and we'll work out the details. :thumbsup: :smile5:

Very nice shop by the way. It was pretty darn busy when I was in there. I was surprised how busy it was for a mid Monday afternoon, but good for you guys. :thumbsup:

Should also see you guys early next week when my firearm comes into you guys too. :thumbsup: Woooohooooo!!!! LOL :coolgleamA:

R1_Demon

Just wanted to follow up and say that my FFL transfer with Shellie & Ivan went perfectly. I thank you guys for all of your help in me picking up my M&P .40 Compact. Definitely will be coming back to you guys again soon! :thumbup1: :yahoo:

R1_Demon

Guido - Anytime...I definitely give credit where it's due. Everyone was very friendly when I was there and was happy to help out. The entire process probably took like 7 minutes or so. Plus, I enjoyed Ivan's views on the M&P since he took the Armors class on it. That was a nice, professional insight as well.

Again...class act you have going on over there. I was impressed. :thumbup: