• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.

Local 9mm prices?

pick_six

Adjusting to the west!
Forum Supporter
2020 Supporter
Haven’t been out. Suspect there won’t be much open soon. Gov is asking all “non essential” bidness to close. Maybe ammo is necessary

Scheels had it on sale, but the 9 was completely gone so I didnt check the price. All 223/556 was gone as well. They had plenty of 40 and 45, but no 9 to be had.

Gullwing

"Gunsmith"
Staff member
We sell out within minutes whatever 9mm and 223 we put out. I am sure we could put 223 out at $2 a round and sell out fast, similar with 9mm. NO we did not put out at those prices, we still want customers after this is over.
Actually had a guy offer me $2 a round for any 9mm. o_O

tdyoung58

Forum Supporter
2019 Supporter
2020 Supporter
My LGS in Sparks is just selling at they're usual prices when they can get ammo

DiscountGunSource

Experience the DGS Difference
Forum Supporter
2019 Supporter
Commercial Sponsor
I already heard the stories that distributors are jacking up prices. We must have different distributors as although we have seen a small increase on some stuff there is nothing out there to support (other then greed and opportunity) $300 for a case of 9mm.

Not to say it won't get worse as time goes by but today $300 for 1000RD 9mm is greed.

Karma will come calling one day.

Last edited:
I already heard the stories that distributors are jacking up prices. We must have different distributors as although we have seen a small increase on some stuff there is nothing out there to support (other then greed and opportunity) $300 for a case of 9mm.

Not to say it won't get worse as time goes by but for now $300 per case of 9mm is greed.

I agree nothing like feeding on your own.. Plus that $300 ammo was selling at the last gun show for around $180 or so...

Facejackets

Low Speed High Drag

Not to say it won't get worse as time goes by but today $300 for 1000RD 9mm is greed.

I was hunting around RSR (I believe it was RSR) the other day and looking at some 9mm that was $165/1k the week prior all the way up to close to $200. It was out of stock, though. This gives them the opportunity to put it on “sale” for $180/1k and still make more than they were just a few weeks ago.

AngryRed

Dumb Founded
Forum Supporter
2019 Supporter
2020 Supporter

marioa

Forum Supporter
2019 Supporter
Wow man. This, just like 2008 will pass but your reputation won't. Do some research on why Cheaper than Dirt is the most hated retailer out there.
I'm not a retailer... If I were, I would agree with you but as a consumer looking to sell some ammo, it's actually below what 9mm is being sold for right now. (9mm is selling for $350 per 1,000 rounds at some shops around Las Vegas).

It sold within a few hours of posting so there's obviously a high demand right now.

SixshooterSam

What, me conspiracy?
I'm not a retailer... If I were, I would agree with you but as a consumer looking to sell some ammo, it's actually below what 9mm is being sold for right now. (9mm is selling for $350 per 1,000 rounds at some shops around Las Vegas).

It sold within a few hours of posting so there's obviously a high demand right now.
Nice edit

marioa

Forum Supporter
2019 Supporter
I know you're not a retailer. I'd be interested in knowing which "shops around Las Vegas" are selling 9mm for $350 per 1000 rounds because I've been to Freedom, Ventura, and DGS and they aren't gouging their customers.
Lock & Load in Henderson ($350 + tax per 1k rnds of 9mm). Ventura's price is right but they're only selling 100 rnds at a time of 9mm to each customer.

Quickdraw

"Ho'old on there"
Staff member
Forum Supporter
2019 Supporter
Well prices sound about the same as when I was buying in the last craziness. Since then I got into hand loading and I haven’t bought or shot factory ammo. Id probably think about selling what I have for what I bought it at except then I’d be labeled.