• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.

Looking for Butcher & Taxidermist in or near Ely, Nevada

Bohemian

Obsessed Member
I'm Looking for a Butcher & a Taxidermist in or near Ely, Nevada

I was drawn for the Ruby Mountains, 1st two weeks of October for Mule Deer.

I'm hoping to find a Butcher & a Taxidermist nearby that will be reachable 24x7 by phone or text for a drop-off in that time frame.

thanks in advance.

doz

Obsessed Member
Forum Supporter
2020 Supporter
Can't help you as the taxidermist I knew up there died 2 years ago. As far as butcher, I say go at it yourself. It is not hard. A couple buddies or family members will have a deer done in few hours (maybe we are slow, but do a good job).

Bohemian

Obsessed Member
Can't help you as the taxidermist I knew up there died 2 years ago. As far as butcher, I say go at it yourself. It is not hard. A couple buddies or family members will have a deer done in few hours (maybe we are slow, but do a good job).
Since I live in Vegas the Ruby Mountains are about 5 hours away, so I was thinking it'd be easier to quarter up the muley and find the nearest butcher, to do the rest, make some sausage, etc., freeze everything up and I could come back to pick it up when it's good to go.

Same kind of thoughts on the taxidermist, just seems like it'd be easier, then driving 5 hours first.

doz

Obsessed Member
Forum Supporter
2020 Supporter
We live in Vegas as well. We usually just put our animal on ice. We have a couple large coolers (can fit an Elk between the 2). Usually have to buy ice on the way back halfway but gets em back cold.
Then if you didn’t want to do it yourself, you could have it done locally.