Looking for Dayton, NV Info

TV wise, I use regular antenna. One time cost. $40 as I recall. Receive about twelve channels, including big three (NBC, CBS, ABC) latter I do not watch. Lots of westerns on misc. channels. For those who speak spanish, there are five or so channels, not included in my twelve previously mentioned. Overall quite clear TV. Some or most are HD. You Tube for Fox News Live Streaming. Have not used Cable, Direct, Dish, etc. for many years.

Radio, Pandora (free streaming) with a few commercials every 30 minutes or so. Over the air radio Cowboy out of Carson or Minden, I think. That 104 station mentioned. Mostly leave it on free Pandora or recorded music on cell.

Spectrum for Internet. Works great unlimited data. Had AT&T. Also worked great, but they monitor data.

Brad

TexasJackKin

Breathng Free, at last
Forum Supporter
Hope the scouting trip was productive.
Well...... We're still looking. We were excited about a 4 acre place that backed up to the Carson River. It was nice, but not as nice as the online pictures made it look. It does appear to be a nice area. We will continue looking, we're not in a panic just yet, but maybe we should be.

TexasJackKin

Breathng Free, at last
Forum Supporter
Well, we're on our way to becoming residents of Dayton. Bought a house on Dayton Valley Road, about 0.7 miles from the end of the road. Won't get possession until the end of July.

The nearby BLM land looks very inviting, can't wait to escape from The Peoples Republic of California. We only have the house we're living in still to sell, and luckily our move isn't dependent on that.

I was telling a friend of ours, at church, that we are moving to a state, who's largest city is nick named "sin city" and a state that has legalized prostitution, and we feel like we're moving to a state with the moral high ground!

Can't wait to get out of this cesspool! And leave all the crap behind!

Mr. B

Obsessed Member
Well, we're on our way to becoming residents of Dayton. Bought a house on Dayton Valley Road, about 0.7 miles from the end of the road. Won't get possession until the end of July.

The nearby BLM land looks very inviting, can't wait to escape from The Peoples Republic of California. We only have the house we're living in still to sell, and luckily our move isn't dependent on that.

I was telling a friend of ours, at church, that we are moving to a state, who's largest city is nick named "sin city" and a state that has legalized prostitution, and we feel like we're moving to a state with the moral high ground!

My house is about ten feet from DVR. Welcome future neighbor!

tuolumnejim

Very Active Member
Forum Supporter
Can't wait, I thought the land at the end of the street was BLM land.

DVR? Not sure just what that means.....Sorry New....
Dayton Valley Road.

And if you still want to work theres a place out on USA Parkway that would be nice. U.S. Ordnance

You know just making machine guns. I'll just volunteer to test fire everything. :bigviolent:

TexasJackKin

Breathng Free, at last
Forum Supporter
DVR....Dayton Valley Road......Duh! I'll catch on soon enough.

Dayton residents, are called what? Daytonites, or Daytonions? What ever they are called, I can't wait to be one!:smile5:

Cirdan

Very Active Member

Apparently someone is starting a petition to get a ballot measure on to ban prostitution in Lyon County.

TexasJackKin

Breathng Free, at last
Forum Supporter
We close on our new home on Dayton Valley Road on 5/15/18, but don't get to move until the end of July or the first part of August. Not looking forward to the move, but can't wait to be there!!

TexasJackKin

Breathng Free, at last
Forum Supporter
It's official! We're Nevada land barons, and will soon be completely unencumbered with all things California. We won't be there until the end of July, but we're on our way! Can't wait to leave this stupidity behind, and join the fight in Nevada, where we at least have a chance!