• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.

Magazine run has commenced. How bad will it get?

I have noticed over the last few days many standard capacity magazines are now going out of stock. What do you guys think are we going to see another crazy mag run?

Janizary

Geth Prime
Forum Supporter
2019 Supporter
2020 Supporter
Once Pedo/Ho are actually installed upon their thrones and the first actual 'proclamations' are made, EBRs, standard capacity mags, (and what's left of the ammo) will be on a run far worse than post-Sandy Hook. Watch component parts start to vanish (anyone try to find a BCG after Sandy Hook when they were going for $300?) as well.

Gullwing

"Gunsmith"
Staff member
A month ago I checked out RSR for handguns, long guns and ammo.
Out of ~2700 different handguns they had 14 in stock
out of ~3000 different long guns they had 170 in stock
Out of ~3300 different types of ammunition they had 69 in stock.
Didn't look at magazines but why would it be any different. Also out of stock is most cleaning product and holsters, eyes and ears.... pretty much anything.
Davidsons is similar.

Felid'Maximus

Beware of Cat
Forum Supporter
I bought a ton of magazines earlier this year in anticipation of this calamity we have where we elected "Two Blast" Biden, the guy who is opposed to magazines that hold "multiple" rounds and posts on his campaign website about how basically the 3 round migratory bird hunting limit should apply to everyone all the time.

I was surprised the magazines didn't go up that much earlier this year. I mean, they did a little. AR-15 mags were $7-8 last year, but I paid like $12 for a few.

Last edited:

MAC702

LEGEN...wait for it... DARY!
Forum Supporter
2020 Supporter
Commercial Sponsor
Does anyone know the appeal behind a "9" round magazine? Even in states with mag limits, you can have a 10 round mag.
What's the follower like? I'm betting with a modern anti-tilt follower, it would turn into a 5-round magazine, which is a common size for many states' hunting regulations.

WantaG18

Knew member
Forum Supporter
2020 Supporter
2021 Supporter
Since we're on the subject, who's got the best price for Glock mags now? Time to stock up for that pistol I want to buy.
Botach still shows G19 and G17 factory mags available for $21.98. I haven't bought recently bought when I have picked up I never had a problem.

DonTom

Obsessed Member
Forum Supporter
2019 Supporter
I have noticed over the last few days many standard capacity magazines are now going out of stock. What do you guys think are we going to see another crazy mag run?
The problem is probably everybody here in CA is now buying them in NV! No possible enforceable law against them here in CA now that we have millions of them. A million purchased in just one week!

-Don- Auburn, CA

utilitymoose

Obsessed Member
I have a feeling it'll spike once Biden steps in officially and actually starts talking about banning online sales, which seems to be his main 2A related concern. That being said, I dont see ammo coming back to normal any time in the next year or 2. Just my half assed theories