• Chat feature is now enabled for ALL USERS!

Mandalay Bay shooting

Ron_O

Cave Dweller
I have my health situation under control going on 15 days now. It is the longest period without excruciating pain in over a year and a half. So I am good anytime.

That's AWESOME to hear! Things are looking up!

I already talk to Gunhand all the time. I just randomly say “Hello Gunhand” into my phone every now and then. I am sure his buddies get the message to him. Lolol!

LMAO! But it goes two ways. How do you think it is that I have GH's CC info on file? Hehehehe. Want to hit the slots?

I will come to the meeting naked, with Saran Wrap around my arms, torso and junk so there are no perceived “furtive moves” and so it isn’t assumed to be a small derringer. Haha!

I always carry a box cutter so there you go.

Seriously though, I would love to meet anyone I haven’t already met. I just got a very nice handwritten letter from the Fed who was dating my sister and staying with us during the Holidays when Ryan was gone to Montana. You can bet we spent many hours back and forth, but are now friends.

OMG and you're both still living and breathing? You still speak with your sis? Are you SURE you're related?

I will never stop trying to bring accountability and honesty to our government. The Fed and I were able to break through some barriers on both sides and I assume the same will happen with anyone I meet who has different life experiences than I.

Send him Gunnie's way for some re-indoctrination. Then we can restore his posting privileges. :thumbsup:

Looking forward to meeting.

Happy New Year to you and Shelly! :party:

And back to our regularly scheduled programming... :001_cool:

I will take Ford & Samsung every time. No, it may not be serious but it is fun. :smile5:
Chevy and Samsung. You're HALF right... :thumbsup:
See Tophog, this is what I'm talking about! Do you really expect me to let this kind of stuff stand???

Surely I jest.. but seriously folks, the correct answers were actually Pontiac, and no cell phones period! Better luck next week, guys :smile5:

NYECOGunsmith

Obsessed Member
Staff member
Surely I jest.. but seriously folks, the correct answers were actually Pontiac, and no cell phones period! Better luck next week, guys :smile5:
^^^^My long lost much younger twin brother! YES! PONTIACS and NO CELL PHONES, life was good back then, 60's and early 70's I mean. ^^^^ Well, at least it was if you weren't in South East Asia.

389 Tri Power, 421 SD, 428 SD, 455 HO, no replacement for displacement.

And who needed a cell phone, pay phones were all around, well, at least every 100 miles or so, and if you needed one and had a fast Pontiac, that was a short distance to travel.

Regarding the shooting - I've tried to think of every possible scenario of how Paddock could have locked that adjoining door and ended up on the opposite side of the door, dead on the floor.

Does anyone have any ideas?

Also, How did his leg end up so far under the rifle on the tripod over his left leg? Conceivably he could have shot himself standing right next to the rifle, fallen backwards, then stretched out his leg as he expired, I guess.

Anyone with forensic experience care to chime in?

https://i.trendopic.com/photo/topic/3086/image-842dc6e7-b19f-4e57-9344-8708c4bb7fc7

Why in the world would the coroner's office cremate his body before the family took custody and before any other parties could perform a second autopsy? How many bodies have the coroner's office ever had cremated? This smells like the Scalia "natural death" and the sea burial of the former CIA operative Bin Laden. Even LaVoy Finicum's wife got an opportunity for a second autopsy.

Can anyone with forensic or funeral home experience weigh in on the frequency or history of cremations in suicide cases?

Ron_O

Cave Dweller
Regarding the shooting - I've tried to think of every possible scenario of how Paddock could have locked that adjoining door and ended up on the opposite side of the door, dead on the floor.

Does anyone have any ideas?

Also, How did his leg end up so far under the rifle on the tripod over his left leg? Conceivably he could have shot himself standing right next to the rifle, fallen backwards, then stretched out his leg as he expired, I guess.

Anyone with forensic experience care to chime in?

https://i.trendopic.com/photo/topic/3086/image-842dc6e7-b19f-4e57-9344-8708c4bb7fc7

Why in the world would the coroner's office cremate his body before the family took custody and before any other parties could perform a second autopsy? How many bodies have the coroner's office ever had cremated? This smells like the Scalia "natural death" and the sea burial of the former CIA operative Bin Laden. Even LaVoy Finicum's wife got an opportunity for a second autopsy.

Can anyone with forensic or funeral home experience weigh in on the frequency or history of cremations in suicide cases?
Tony, part of the problem here is that we just don't know the real facts about the body or cremation.

If you read the pre-report by METRO you'll see where they said the body originally had a rifle UNDER his legs. It also says there was bruising on the back of both legs, in the calf area if I recall. I'd have to read it again. So if that's the case then maybe when they found him that rifle was under his legs, him falling back over it when he fired the round, if he actually did. They said the round was recovered in his head, no exit, so if he'd been shot by another we won't know if he was laying down when it happened. What caused the bruises on the backs of his legs?

A lot more evidence in that room than we're privy to.

Regarding the locked door, do we even know if it was really locked? They said they tried to kick it open so I assume it was locked. But when and how did he lock it if evidence shows that shots were fired from each room?

Regarding the cremation, do we know for sure that the coroner didn't call brother Eric to ask if it was OK to cremate? Seems like he'd have had to. We also know that one of our members was slated to do the actual cremation, he admitting that he'd have full power to inspect the entire body before completing it. Will he be chiming back in?

How someone could have locked that door after closing it is beyond me, assuming it was deadbolted from the other side of the door. Magic trick for sure.

Then again, what if we're being lied to about the last time those doors were accessed? Again, without the facts, we just can't make any assumptions or draw any valid conclusions.

Ron_O

Cave Dweller
See Tophog, this is what I'm talking about! Do you really expect me to let this kind of stuff stand???

I was going with the choices OFFERED. If we're going to think outside the box, BMW and Android. American would be MOPAR or Chevy. What exactly IS a Ford? Then again I have been through the Shelby factory near the 15. Great free tour if you haven't taken it in! Shelby was the man!!!

If you read the pre-report by METRO you'll see where they said the body originally had a rifle UNDER his legs. It also says there was bruising on the back of both legs, in the calf area if I recall. I'd have to read it again. So if that's the case then maybe when they found him that rifle was under his legs, him falling back over it when he fired the round, if he actually did. They said the round was recovered in his head, no exit, so if he'd been shot by another we won't know if he was laying down when it happened. What caused the bruises on the backs of his legs?
A rifle is shown under his upper thighs.

The report says the bruising was on his calves:

The decedent was x-rayed, photographed and cleaned prior to Doctor Gavin’s exam. Preliminarily, the injuries noted were on the posterior of both calves and a gunshot wound to the upper palette inside the decedent’s mouth with obvious damage to the upper teeth.

In what manner can a man get bruising on his calves in the back?

How fast does the body produce a bruise after an impact?

glennc

American Patriot
I was going with the choices OFFERED. If we're going to think outside the box, BMW and Android. American would be MOPAR or Chevy. What exactly IS a Ford? Then again I have been through the Shelby factory near the 15. Great free tour if you haven't taken it in! Shelby was the man!!!
I went through the Shelby factory when it was at the racetrack, very impressive since I remember seeing one of the first Cobras on display at a Ford dealership, but for me GM all the way and Zora Arkus-Duntov is considered the "Father of the Corvette".

Ron_O

Cave Dweller

The decedent was x-rayed, photographed and cleaned prior to Doctor Gavin’s exam. Preliminarily, the injuries noted were on the posterior of both calves and a gunshot wound to the upper palette inside the decedent’s mouth with obvious damage to the upper teeth.

Without autopsy pics or diagrams we have no idea as to the extent of the bruising or location. It's an odd place to get bruised. Some people bruise quickly and easily while others barely show up, even over time.

We'll have to wait and see what info we're blessed with after a few more years have been allowed to let everything fade into oblivion.

The preliminary report released lists the body examined by the coroner as 73 inches tall (6'1"), 224 lbs.

His hunting license from 7 years ago says he was 75 inches. (6'4"), 225 lbs

Gunhand

Firearms Instructor

The report says injuries, where was the report that it was bruising? I'm just curious?