Military Discounts

MP15Reloader

Obsessed Member
Forum Supporter
My wife works at the va, if you guys have any questions please feel free to pm me or if you go down to the hospital on 215 and Pecos she can get you guys hooked up.

I can try to get an answer from her for you mac about your id card.

As for service connection for hearing loss, it doesn't even have to be loss of hearing. You can get 10 percent for ringing in your ears which is indicative of hearing damage, stating you got it just qualifying with your weapon or whenever you noticed it WHILE IN THE SERVICE.

DonTom

Obsessed Member
Forum Supporter
If it's for a disability it's not based on your income at all and even someone with 10 percent service connected can get an id card.
Too much income can prevent getting into VA in many, but not all cases. So can other health plans. I had both problems.

But there are many exceptions. Such as all Vietnam Vets qualify for VA regardless of anything else. That's what got me in.

And I think they sometimes change the qualifications. So the only way one knows for sure is by going to their local VA, even if one did NOT qualify years before.

-Don- Reno, NV

MP15Reloader

Obsessed Member
Forum Supporter
Too much income can prevent getting into VA in many, but not all cases. So can other health plans. I had both problems.

But there are many exceptions. Such as all Vietnam Vets qualify for VA regardless of anything else. That's what got me in.

And I think they sometimes change the qualifications. So the only way one knows for sure is by going to their local VA, even if one did NOT qualify years before.

-Don- Reno, NV
I guess alot of the reason they are taking in Vietnam vets with almost no questions asked is the agent orange exposure is causing a lot of issues now.

The va is starting to see rare types of cancer and organ failure that is attributed to exposure to this crap.

MLeonard

Boots on ground is when you were in a combat zone and it changes a lot about a claim and benefits. Ageant Orange for Vietnam vets and burn pits for the younger guys have made things interesting.

My wife works at the va, if you guys have any questions please feel free to pm me or if you go down to the hospital on 215 and Pecos she can get you guys hooked up.

I can try to get an answer from her for you mac about your id card.

As for service connection for hearing loss, it doesn't even have to be loss of hearing. You can get 10 percent for ringing in your ears which is indicative of hearing damage, stating you got it just qualifying with your weapon or whenever you noticed it WHILE IN THE SERVICE.
damn I've had that since like 1968 from gun and cannon fire

damn tinitus is a major nuisance

I'm on Vacation fishing in Colorado, I'll PM when I get back in town

Cujo

FFI CCI
Forum Supporter
I thought I would not qualify until somebody mentioned to me that ALL Vietnam vets qualify--no exceptions--not for any reason.

-Don- Reno, NV
Don,

Just wanted to double-check. . . ALL Vietnam Vets qualify for VA healthcare or is it just for an ID card?

Thanks.

DonTom

Obsessed Member
Forum Supporter
Don,

Just wanted to double-check. . . ALL Vietnam Vets qualify for VA healthcare or is it just for an ID card?

Thanks.
For full healthcare. However, if your income is fairly high, you will have to pay co-pays for some services. Perhaps fifty bucks at the most.

I had kidney stone about a year ago and went to the VA emergency here in Reno. IIRC, that cost me fifty bucks a few weeks later (a bill comes in the mail).

-Don- Reno, NV

DonTom

Obsessed Member
Forum Supporter
I guess alot of the reason they are taking in Vietnam vets with almost no questions asked is the agent orange exposure is causing a lot of issues now.

The va is starting to see rare types of cancer and organ failure that is attributed to exposure to this crap.
Yes, and one thing I learned from VA is that MOST vets who have been exposed to Agent Orange have no idea.

One example (there are countless others):

At Da Nang, Agent Orange got into the water supply. Many REMF Marines who never even left the basecamp were heavily exposed to Agent Orange.

And even I spent a little time at Da Nang, even though I was army. To and from R & R in Japan. I was in Da Nang over night twice.

I assume I was exposed too, not only from Da Nang but also from being a grunt in the Central Highland jungles. However, I was never tested for Agent Orange, but I can ask for such. I seem to be in fairly good shape for being 66, so I don't worry much about it.

-Don- Reno, NV

Cujo

FFI CCI
Forum Supporter
Bullets.com has a military discount of 20% on March Optics scopes. Just be sure to scroll down and apply on their online application form then enter the coupon code at checkout.

I'm not sure what their affiliation is with grizzly.com. but their customer service is top notch. Their shipping is fast and reasonable.

Mikes_Z06_vette

Mathew 5:9
Forum Supporter
Home Depot

Just an update if it hasn't already mentioned, HD Mil Discounts only on certain items and the cashiers does not know which items are eligible for the discount.

I called Lowe's and they STILL have Military Discounts on ALL items except labor... Lowe's is now my new go-to hardware store! :thumbsup:

DonTom

Obsessed Member
Forum Supporter
Just an update if it hasn't already mentioned, HD Mil Discounts only on certain items and the cashiers does not know which items are eligible for the discount.

I called Lowe's and they STILL have Military Discounts on ALL items except labor... Lowe's is now my new go-to hardware store! :thumbsup:
The only item that I am aware of in SSF as well as Reno HD that gives no discount on is on wood. And that is the same with Lowe's.

-Don- SSF, CA

Maybe said before now somewhere in this thread, but if not please add the following that I know of for sure:

VORTEX
Sightron
CZ-USA
Cabela's (being added VERY soon to their online/phone orders)

Now days when I decide I want something or another, I ALWAYS check up on whether or not the company selling it (often the MAIN USA OFFICE) offers a discount to retired military or not. If they do, it is often VERY worthwhile and most just want a pic/copy of your ID either faxed or attached to an email. I have found that some places offer a HUGE discount, generally taken from their "MSRP", but that mostly works out to ne a couple hundred or several hundred bucks off of the "street price"....just do the math!!

Nevada Jack

Reloading Student
Not gun related but Guitar Center has a 10% military discount. I was not in the military. I found out because one of my former business associates asked for it when he would order from them. Turns out he was never in the military. What a POS.

Sargeusaf

Freedom isn't Free
People like that are the reason I have to show my Military ID more frequently in the last few years...
Spartan Arms Vegas
Urban Civil Defense Henderson
Both do Military/vet/Leo
Awesome staff at both..bought guns and gear from each one in last year :getsome:

Nevada Jack

Reloading Student
Hey everyone! Come and speak to the candidates for Clark County Sheriff!

We need the 2nd Amendment community to be WELL represented.

Hope to see you there! Remember to please bring your spouse! If you have a special someone in your life, please don’t forget to bring them too! As always, the more friends you bring the merrier! It's going to be a good time!

https://www.facebook.com/events/112978376248967/?active_tab=about

Details

Any citizen concerned about the future of law enforcement in our valley should be Sheriff savvy for Clark County. Come meet and grill the candidates on Thursday, May 24th at Green Valley Range! Space is limited, so save your seat today!

Last edited: