Model 19-4

Hey guys just wanted to throw this out there in case there is any S&W collectors interested. in sharing your photos and info for educational purposes. Here is a beautiful pristine condition S&W model 19-4 .357 Magnum. It was passed down throughout the years and here it is in my generation.

DSC_6601.jpg
DSC_6602.jpg

4D5

uber Member
That's one fine revolver you have there.
Have you had a chance to shoot it yet?

I have a couple but am unable to post pictures until I choose and alternative to photobucket.
I as many others here, have been bit.
I just got an email from photobucket that I can no longer post third party.

SeegarSmoker

Prefers Wheelguns
Nice gun. I have a 19-4 too that I shoot regularly. The model 19 has been known to develop some issues shooting .357 magnum loads but you can shoot .38 special in it the rest of your life and not worry about it. Then your kids and grand kids can continue using it. It ain't likely to wear out. I'd shoot it and enjoy it.

Nice gun. I have a 19-4 too that I shoot regularly. The model 19 has been known to develop some issues shooting .357 magnum loads but you can shoot .38 special in it the rest of your life and not worry about it. Then your kids and grand kids can continue using it. It ain't likely to wear out. I'd shoot it and enjoy it.
Correct, some of the .357 K frames have cracked the forcing cone. The bottom of the forcing cone has a flat spot across the bottom of it. Not a problem if you shoot heavier bullets stick with 158 grain bullets and there is no problem. The lighter bullets are traveling faster and hitting the forcing cone harder cracking the cone it is a fairly rare occurrence.

Correct, some of the .357 K frames have cracked the forcing cone. The bottom of the forcing cone has a flat spot across the bottom of it. Not a problem if you shoot heavier bullets stick with 158 grain bullets and there is no problem. The lighter bullets are traveling faster and hitting the forcing cone harder cracking the cone it is a fairly rare occurrence.
I have that problem, and need to get it fixed. S&W is no help, don't have barrel in stock, considered unrepairable. Want to get it fixed anyway, anyone have suggestions?