• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.

My newly built Brownell's BRN-180 pistol

Gunhand

Firearms Instructor
I have been a huge fan of the Armalite AR-180 since I bought my first one in 1977. Unfortunately they stopped production of one of the first gas piston rifles in 1994. Since then the existing AR-180's have gone way up in price, plus even though they use a very similar magazine to the AR-15, they are also very expensive and hard to find.

Brownells has reengineered the AR-180 upper into a modern rifle/pistol upper that is compatible with all AR-15 pattern lowers. They have also manufactured a lower that uses AR parts and magazines, and was designed to pay homage to the AR-180 profile.

I put mine together as a pistol with the 10.5 inch BRN-180 upper. It has so far ran awesome, and because there is no buffer tube, it folds into a very nice package. It took it to the range last week, and it has run perfectly for the first 500 rounds. So far and awesome little pistol!!

Eltee

I have been a huge fan of the Armalite AR-180 since I bought my first one in 1977. Unfortunately they stopped production of one of the first gas piston rifles in 1994. Since then the existing AR-180's have gone way up in price, plus even though they use a very similar magazine to the AR-15, they are also very expensive and hard to find.

Brownells has reengineered the AR-180 upper into a modern rifle/pistol upper that is compatible with all AR-15 pattern lowers. They have also manufactured a lower that uses AR parts and magazines, and was designed to pay homage to the AR-180 profile.

I put mine together as a pistol with the 10.5 inch BRN-180 upper. It has so far ran awesome, and because there is no buffer tube, it folds into a very nice package. It took it to the range last week, and it has run perfectly for the first 500 rounds. So far and awesome little pistol!!

Do you have any photos of your AR-180 based pistol?

I have a small side business selling high quality AR-180 / AR-18 magazines if you know anyone looking for any. I have a running ad in Gun Broker dot com.

Love my Costa Mesa 180. Ahead of its time.

Janizary

Geth Prime
Forum Supporter
2019 Supporter
2020 Supporter
I've been giving a serious look at the BRN180 10.5 upper. The adjustable gas on there is the selling point for me.

Gunhand

Firearms Instructor
I went to the range yesterday, the BRN-180 ran flawlessly. I put approximately 300 rounds of Russian Silver Bear zinc plated steel and some Lake City 55 gr brass through it, zero malfunctions. The accuracy is great, I was engaging a torso size target at 125 yards, hitting it at will standing off hand.