• Chat feature is now enabled for ALL USERS!

NBC HYPOCRISY!

bullseyeman

Obsessed Member
NBC HYPOCRISY!

Meghan Kelly was recently fired by NBC for naive (stupid?) remarks regarding the use of blackface by whites for Halloween. Certainly inappropriate but not sure it warranted her being fired . I suspect there was more at play here then what was reported. A judgment call by NBC

Now this past week, CNN anchor Don Lemon says that "white men are the biggest terrorist threat in this country". Unapologetic, he doubled down on his remarks a few days later. NBC, CNN parent company, says nothing! Don Lemon is still employed. Seriously?

Think about it.

pick_six

Adjusting to the west!
Forum Supporter
i don't have much sympathy for meghan, going to a libtard company.

that said, NBC does NOT own cnn. i believe cnn is owned by time warner. i belive that nbc is owned by comcast.

comcast and time warner are competitors.

that said, i do believe they are both running liberal agendas.

NBC HYPOCRISY!

Meghan Kelly was recently fired by NBC for naive (stupid?) remarks regarding the use of blackface by whites for Halloween. Certainly inappropriate but not sure it warranted her being fired . I suspect there was more at play here then what was reported. A judgment call by NBC

Now this past week, CNN anchor Don Lemon says that "white men are the biggest terrorist threat in this country". Unapologetic, he doubled down on his remarks a few days later. NBC, CNN parent company, says nothing! Don Lemon is still employed. Seriously?

Think about it.

NYECOGunsmith

Obsessed Member
Staff member
Semantics have started more wars than love affairs, shots fired, ethnic issues, religious issues, border disputes, megalomaniacs , take over desires, you name it.

Had he said "Men are the biggest terrorist threat in this country", it could still be classified by some(one) as prejudiced and singling out entities, even if he had said "Humans are the biggest terrorist threat in this country"...he's still defining a section of living things on the planet...……...so maybe "Living life forms are the biggest terrorist threat in this country"...……..that would probably hold until the Talkers (see recent episodes of "Z Nation" for clarification on that one!) get a vote, that one would probably be OK, for a while.

But if you develop a totally ambiguous language that all use, you won't be able to accomplish anything, so we pretty much have to have descriptive terms to exist.

Where to draw the line ? I don't know, don't have a clue. Not my area of expertise, above my pay grade and intelligence level by miles.

Body language and voice inflections can help a listener to determine the real intent (malic, no malice, simple expression of thoughts/ideas. emotions, etc.) of the speaker, but that isn't always possible nor reliable.

If we were applying equal weight to Lemon's statements and Kelly's, then both should either be fired or still employed, but as of yet, life anywhere on this rock still isn't fair for all. That's a goal I suspect will take many more centuries to accomplish if we survive that passage of time.
"Life will be fair for all once we get all you Humans off my planet!"
So sayeth Attack Cat, overlord of all she surveys.

bullseyeman

Obsessed Member
i don't have much sympathy for meghan, going to a libtard company.

that said, NBC does NOT own cnn. i believe cnn is owned by time warner. i belive that nbc is owned by comcast.

comcast and time warner are competitors.

that said, i do believe they are both running liberal agendas.
Comcast owns NBC and Time Warner

Gullwing

1911 pistolsmith
Staff member
NBC has regretted signing MK since the ink was freshly dry. They have been looking for anything to get rid of her. Don't feel sorry for either especially if MK walks with $69M.
But yes black face is wrong, very very wrong and anyone who thinks otherwise should be fired...

Ka Lbo

Forum Supporter
NBC has regretted signing MK since the ink was freshly dry. They have been looking for anything to get rid of her. Don't feel sorry for either especially if MK walks with $69M.
But yes black face is wrong, very very wrong and anyone who thinks otherwise should be fired...

PC crap is... Maybe that alone says it all. Seems as though snowflakes are more common than one may have guessed.

on SNL Pete Davidson made a joke about a wounded Navy Seal last Saturday. these people never get fired.
there was a very well done apology. Mr. Crenshaw went on SNL and, accepted his apology. Mr. Davidson revealed he lost his father in 9/11 and, he called his self an idiot, in turn, praised Mr. Crenshaw for his accomplishments. This is how people should engage. minus the TV hype of course. It's worth a look.

https://www.youtube.com/results?search_query=pete+davidson+dan+crenshaw