Need a new safe where to go in Las Vegas?

Brider

CPAs do it by the numbers
Staff member
Forum Supporter
Hey guys,

Where do you shop for safes in the valley? I have been to the Safekeeper a few times and saw there is a place called Nevada Safes, but wondering what your go to place is? Close to Summerlin would be great but will make a trip for selection and deals. Not looking for a big box store safe, something a bit higher quality.

Thanks.

pick_six

Adjusting to the west!
Forum Supporter
iirc, on ?west charleston? nevada safes. huge selection. from low(ish) to high end.

i went a different direction, based on cost, but i really did like what they had to offer.

worth a look.

sturdysafe.com

Call direct for a better rate, delivered to your driveway/garage.

Check out their website, then google them and see what the guys on national gun forums are saying.

I have two.

REAL security. No comparison to the cheap Cannon safe I used to own.

Once you know what to look for - you realize that most gun "safes" are nothing more than cabinets that are dressed up to look like safes.

Brider

Staff member
Forum Supporter
I used Safekeeepers.

How soon do you need a safe?
Not in a huge rush, would rather get a good safe at a good price then rush into something just to have it. Open to used ones as well.

Brider

Staff member
Forum Supporter
sturdysafe.com

Call direct for a better rate, delivered to your driveway/garage.

Check out their website, then google them and see what the guys on national gun forums are saying.

I have two.

REAL security. No comparison to the cheap Cannon safe I used to own.

Once you know what to look for - you realize that most gun "safes" are nothing more than cabinets that are dressed up to look like safes.
Those are nice, unfortunately out of my price range right now.

I forgot about CalRanch. Sportsmans had the Liberty safes, Costco is what I'm avoiding looking for quality.
Spend some time and do some research.

My first gun safe was a $600 Costco special, made by Cannon safe. So the same junk that many gun stores sell, they just charge more.

What is your budget? and what will be the value of what you are storing?

Brider

Staff member
Forum Supporter
Spend some time and do some research.

My first gun safe was a $600 Costco special, made by Cannon safe. So the same junk that many gun stores sell, they just charge more.

What is your budget? and what will be the value of what you are storing?
Trying to keep it at 2K. Been doing a lot research, what I want is out of my price range. Used would be fine, but they go quick.

Last edited:
Trying to keep it at 2K. Value around 5K. Been doing a lot research, what I want is out of my price range. Used would be fine, but they go quick.
Got it.

You can get one of the smaller sized Sturdy Safes for just a bit more than that. Their base level steel, both in the door, and in the walls, is roughly twice the thickness of what most gun safes are (unless you spring for a super expensive one). I skip the fire protection (there is a fire dept 1/2 mile from my house, and I don't think most guns survive a fire, or the flooding from the fire department anyways, if it's a total loss on the house), and I prefer a combo lock (had a glitchy electronic lock - I think Fogie on this forum had his safe lock him out). If you call SturdySafe directly and speak with Terry or his daughter Alyssa (the girl in their website) she will give you a better price than online.

Not a shill for Sturdy, I just really love my safes that much. They are made to such tight tolerances their is a whoosh of air when I open or close them. You can't even fit a small flat blade screwdriver between the frame and door, so no way a crowbar is getting in there. My old Cannon safe the door had a sloppy fit, and moved when closed (you could rock it 1/4 inch) and you COULD fit a large screwdriver or crowbar in the crack. Even though the safe was bigger, WITH "fire protection" (which is usually bogus) it was 200 lbs lighter than the Sturdy that replaced it.

watch some of the torture vids here:

https://www.sturdysafe.com/pages/video-list

I’m happy with my bf series am sec also it makes a swoosh open an closing too very good safe for the money, yes I agree get one bigger because u add more stuff, paperwork, medication, jewelry, coin collection, oh an more paper work lol

I second the BF series from AMSEC I salvaged one from a jobsite. locked closed with the electronic lock hanging by the wires. $60 to get it open and a new combo set. Great safe although just a small one has a 1/2" steel plate door. great for handguns.