• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.

Need advice on a electric 3 wheel QuiteKat bike for hunting.

Folks. New member here yesterday. Great sight on hunting etc in Nevada. I plan on retiring most of the time in Nevada. Not sure in Northern or Southern part of state. Question.... thinking about buying one of these QuiteKat electric 3 wheel machines. Runs about 35 miles on a charge 25 mph top speed. They are made for hunting. Would like a review and or your thoughts on what you see as plusses and cons with one. Here is some info. I have had both knees replaced and I would be using this electric bike / machine for coyote hunting , dove hunting and maybe quail hunting. Just getting to the primary location to do a little walking. I will not be walking or hunting more than 200 yards from the electric 3 wheeler. Just slide it out of the back of pick up and then go.
I know you cannot haul much with this machine. Not sure if it would haul a 40 pound coyote or were you would place it , maybe put it on a skid and try to drag it ? . But would work good for the little bird hunting I plan to do. Big investment. $5000.00. Like I said would like you Nevada hunters thoughts and a review on one of these machines if any one here owns one. I could even use one outside of the hunting and fishing realm because of my bad knees and age. Thanks. Marty .

Fogie

Swimming Pool Monkey
Forum Supporter
2019 Supporter
2020 Supporter
When it's cold, that estimate on range would probably be a tad optimistic and it's for certain not going places a gas four-wheeler would go. I'm afraid that most good hunting country would swallow that thing quick, once off of a road.
A used wheeler can be had for less I would think, but I have never entertained the thought of getting one...let alone looked into them. I hate them, to be honest. Used responsibly, I suppose they are OK.

Yep I am thinking about the 3 wheel model. $5000.00. I am needing something because of such bad knees. I think I would like it over a gas ATV was hoping it might work in Nevada a long desert / flat ground areas. ? Marty

Last edited:

Fogie

Swimming Pool Monkey
Forum Supporter
2019 Supporter
2020 Supporter
Yep I am thinking about the 3 wheel model. $5000.00. I am needing something because of such bad knees. I think I would like it over a gas ATV was hoping it might work in Nevada a long fester areas. ? Marty
I would come out and have a look around your possible hunting areas before dropping 5k on it. This is not flat country like that shown in their video. Honestly, I don't think it is practical beyond prowling roads that your pick-up could handle easily. Any trail that is not a road here?.... If it isn't silt, washed out or full of large rocks, it is straight up and down. The elec-trike is not going to get down it, just my thoughts.
@Dusty
@doz

Agree with above. I question about how and where you would use those. Quail is often road hunting, unless you have a few secret spots where you would go on foot anyways. Dove.... well, field hunting is the norm and I drive right up to where I hunt. As for yotes, calling works best. If you are just out searching, you can road hunt those too.

I have ATVs and UTVs. I don't use any of them to hunt quail, dove or yotes.

Sounds like good advice. I have a sister and brother law that live in a Vegas suburb. Been out see them a few times. Did not get really far enough out of the concrete city to see the lay of the land. It sounds like more up and down areas then flat. I will have to do more research to on the laws in Nevada.
I was not sure how much hunting you could do with a gas ATV on public Nevada land.
I hope to hide the truck and be able to walk 500 yards or drive ATV 500 yards and get out and set or walk a little and shoot a coyote or quail or dove. If I am healthy enough to do it.
We have had 3 days of non stop rain here in Iowa. Been the worse 3 days of the year for knee pain for me. Wish we had the rain in July and August when we needed it. Thanks for the info Guys. Marty

Dusty

Obsessed Member
Forum Supporter
2019 Supporter
2020 Supporter
On our blm our public land you could use this to retrieve game, but on Forest service you could not. Honestly I say you can’t put a price on what it takes for you to get out into the hills. I’m hearing more and more about guys using ebikes to get to their hunting area. Before you purchase one I would retire figure out where you want to live and what it is going to take to access the bird hunting land.
Edit:
You can use ATV and UTV on public land on established roads and trails. You can go Offroad to retrieve the game that you killed.