• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.

Need recommendation for traffic ticket/accident Lawyer

tdyoung58

Disobedience is the true foundation of liberty.
Forum Supporter
2019 Supporter
2020 Supporter
2021 Supporter
2022 Supporter
2023 Supporter
2024 Supporter
Trading Post Subscriber
Having a NV DL and CA registration is a BIG no no. They really frown on that so I doubt they would give much sympathy in that situation.

Hell, they even have a hotline to call and turn people in for that. Somebody once narc’d me out for having out of state registration and a constable showed up at my door.
What's that number .... Lots of CA libtards here driving on CA plates .... Ha ha

jfrey123

I aim to misbehave...
Staff member
Forum Supporter
2019 Supporter
2020 Supporter
2021 Supporter
2022 Supporter
2023 Supporter
2024 Supporter
Trading Post Subscriber
I recently fought a lane change violation here in NorNev. I had enough time that I was prepared to go through the entire circus to make the state earn my fees.

Plead not guilty at the arraignment, was sent to talk to a DA. Told the DA I was mainly looking to avoid the points, I was afraid a mark on my record would hurt my chances at future employment (currently a stay-at-home dad). She countered with letting me know it was only one point, but I had taken my 10 year DMV printout to demonstrate a great history.

Notes from the officer showed I changed 4 lanes with no signal, so she was reluctant at first to change anything. She ultimately offered to reduce it to a parking ticket at the same fine level, which was my ultimate goal so I took it.

MAC702

I don't believe in the no-win scenario
Forum Supporter
2020 Supporter
2021 Supporter
2022 Supporter
2023 Supporter
...Notes from the officer showed I changed 4 lanes with no signal, ...
Half the cars I see do this are cops.

I'd plead not guilty, too. You'll have plenty of time before the next court date to get all the video evidence you need of the examples being set by those "held to a higher standard."

jdneo

Yaw Kol
Forum Supporter
2024 Supporter
Trading Post Subscriber
Good lawyer will cost you money. Look up amnesty traffic Nevada. They'll be here second week of September i think. They paid my wife's bench warrant in esmeralda county.

repoman

Member (9mm)
Forum Supporter
2019 Supporter
2021 Supporter
2023 Supporter
Trading Post Subscriber
OK, so tickets are resolved... that was interesting.

My son and I went to traffic court ourselves. It's basically "the people of walmart".. I particularly liked the guy with the snapped off $0.25 cigar in his mouth, although the baggy pants with underwear showing guy was a close second. You get a ticket from the kiosk, get called up to a window and tell the clerk why you are there. She was able to dismiss the first ticket on the spot (proof of insurance), but for the other two, she directed us to a courtroom to see a judge. In the courtroom, it was a pure assemblyline, the Judge (William Jansen) was an old dude that ran a tight ship, there was NO discussion, he would look at your ticket, and tell you what he was willing to do, and you either said ok, or not, in which case he would set a trial date. 50% of the folks in court did not speak english (all of those were no DL, no registration, no insurance) and in those cases he would reduce fine to minimum and give them 30 or 60 days to get everything sorted out. When we were called up, I was asked to sit (my son is 21), judge immediately reduced the "failure to use due care" to a parking ticket, $100 fine, no points. Sweet. On the ticket related to having a Nevada DL and a CA registration, he said "we take that pretty seriously these days, I can reduce the fine but that's it". OK, done (original fine was $2500). We got out of there with no points, no moving violation, no need for traffic school, and a total of $500 fine.

After you get done with the judge, you sit back down while they process some paperwork for you. Immediately after us was a fix-it-ticket guy. he had a stack of ~40 tickets, and it was a like a well oiled machine; Mr fixit didn't say a word, they had them ordered, so the judge just when through them one by one ( "Johnson: this one I'll reduce to parking violation, $78; next, Smith, $100 and 30 days to get proper registration; next Weiss, $150 parking vioation, no points, next....)... quite impressive actually. Ticket guy was just there to write down the decision on each. He made no arguments, no defense.

So, traffic court is really just an optimized revenue generator for Clark county; it is very impressive. We the sheep, have accepted that driving 5mph over the speed limit will result in a $100 fine, and we don't blink an eye or complain about it. I just paid $500 because my kid had a Nevada DL and a CA registration, and I walked out pretty happy... in what universe does that make any sense?

tdyoung58

Disobedience is the true foundation of liberty.
Forum Supporter
2019 Supporter
2020 Supporter
2021 Supporter
2022 Supporter
2023 Supporter
2024 Supporter
Trading Post Subscriber
Only to the NV Dept of Revenue

garand_guy

Well-known member (45 ACP)
Forum Supporter
2019 Supporter
2020 Supporter
Arraignment and ordering to trial? In CA, traffic court is one and done. You show up, plead and argue, cop testifies, all done right then and there. Maybe 5-10 minutes if you aren't a freak trying to prove the lizard people framed you for speeding. Nevada really needs to invent infractions and seriously get it together. This state is so great but so backwards sometimes. Don't get me started on the different court systems.

MAC702

I don't believe in the no-win scenario
Forum Supporter
2020 Supporter
2021 Supporter
2022 Supporter
2023 Supporter
I was thinking it was more efficient to very quickly get through the people who aren't going to defend themselves beyond the mercy of the court. Then, those that have a defense get a much more detailed date at a later time.