• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.

Nevada Shooters Private Party Transfer Dealers

4x4Brit

Worktruck Driver
Rating - 100%
93   0   0
I used NFA today. Other than the store having to wait on hold for the check to go through (nothing that they can control) it went very smoothly. I don’t plan on doing much private buying/selling going forward but it’s a nice option to have if you need it and the guys in the store there are always great.

Thanks.

titanNV

NRA Endowment Member
Staff member
Administrator
Forum Supporter
Rating - 100%
66   0   0
Sounds like I got off lightly then. Mine was about 40 minutes. It’s laughable when you could go in the store and buy a gun with a CCW and walk out in 5 minutes.
Yep. After this experience it is highly unlikely I'll buy via in state private party again.

MAC702

LEGEN...wait for it... DARY!
Forum Supporter
Commercial Sponsor
Rating - 100%
58   0   0
Remember when you REALLY need your background checked, like when you apply for a job with the FBI, they do a much more critical and reliable background check: they ask your neighbors about you.

And yet this unconstitutional law requires you to IGNORE what you know about your neighbor and use a state-powered paperwork search instead if you want to loan him a shotgun for a hunting trip.

Yeah, I'll choose non-compliance on that one.

4x4Brit

Worktruck Driver
Rating - 100%
93   0   0
And that, right there, is part of the time, inconvenience, etc. that is an intended effect of the new law.
The way I look at it, while the effect is there; ultimately it will make me buy new which supports the stores and gun makers. It's not all bad at that point. Not saying it's a good thing at all but perhaps a silver lining?

doz

Obsessed Member
Forum Supporter
Rating - 100%
44   0   0
The way I look at it, while the effect is there; ultimately it will make me buy new which supports the stores and gun makers. It's not all bad at that point. Not saying it's a good thing at all but perhaps a silver lining?
Too many good people on this board who many of us have dealt with to just buy from stores. Just my opinion though. I still get confused about the year we are in. 2018?

4x4Brit

Worktruck Driver
Rating - 100%
93   0   0
So what happens to all the $100 shotguns that are no longer worth the hassle of selling when you get old and don't want it anymore? Instead of complying will bull(crap), you'll just let it sit in the closet for your heirs to discover and do something stupid with.
I agree, it’s not a one size fits all solution. It works for me and in 2019, I made a effort to clear out anything I didn’t think I would use anymore. I’m just finding a way to work in the current framework. For some of us, non compliance isn’t an option for various reasons. I applaud and support the people who choose that route.

Too many good people on this board who many of us have dealt with to just buy from stores. Just my opinion though. I still get confused about the year we are in. 2018?
Also agree. I have dealt with some great people here. It’s 2020 believe it or not 😳