• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.

NEW DAN WESSON VBOB 10MM

I agree, though I think Idaho is great too . . . I probably told you that I fly up to the Frank Church wilderness area to camp at the Root Ranch - used to each year, but things got in the way the last couple. Only way in is by plane, horseback or walk - a long walk.

terdog

uber Member
Thanks Ricci.

We are gunna try to get back down to the old neighborhood this next week. Celebrate both my son's Bday and mine. I have a nice little BM9 to give him and I may be picking up a Franklin Armory PDW-C7 from the factory (if its ready in time).

franklin armory4.jpg

BM-9 TRUCK BED.jpg

I have a franklin armory binary trigger on a lower so I can use it with a .22lr upper or a .556. Only issue I see with the PDW-C7 is the 7.5" barrel. My suppressor, and many other mfgs, want a minimum of 10" to protect the blast baffle. I think a pistol AR makes a gread HD gun, but not without a silencer. One shot in the house, and what little hearing I have left would be gone.

Why do you have the optic so far forward on the PD9. I understand it'll work just fine there, but don't see an advantage . . . is there any?

terdog

uber Member
My eyes don't like the close up stuff anymore.
This way I get clearer vision on the sight and the target, and I feel that my field of vision is more complete.
Also, my support hand is already out there for any color or sight target changes.

But, that's just what works for me.
YMMV 😉

I've got 75 year old eyes that no longer focus at any distance without glasses. Even then, depth of field is limited so I use progressive lenses. One of the nice things about reflex sights, at least with my Trijicon RMR and Holosun 507 & HE508T GR, is the way the sight reticle stays in focus no matter the distance from my eye. When focusing on the target, the dot/ring will also be in focus.

The 507 and 508 have a 32 MOA ring around the center dot, and that ring remains the same size relative to the target while moving the sight closer or further from the eye, while he ring size changes size relative to the sight. Interesting the way the optic works. I find them easier to shoot accurately than open sights.

I agree, though I think Idaho is great too . . . I probably told you that I fly up to the Frank Church wilderness area to camp at the Root Ranch - used to each year, but things got in the way the last couple. Only way in is by plane, horseback or walk - a long walk.

Would love to go in the frank church reserve 1 day so lucky be safe.