New Drama @ DSRPC?

Hey @Marketingslime see above quote for a case of UGLY history. Sounds like corruption is well-entrenched and ongoing.
Example: I remember being out at the range and seeing semi trucks pulling in with full loads of construction debris / fill dirt and rock; drive out by the boathouse, or an empty bay on Range 10 and dump the load and leave. It used to literally be a dump out there. I always wondered who was getting paid on the side to allow this to go on. This has since been mostly cleaned up, but it serves as an example of strange things I have seen out there.

Another example is why the secretary, or any other executive member is allowed to hold position while not even a resident of Nevada? Does this make any sense at all, to anybody???

Another example is why Howard and said secretary erupted publicly when their positions were challenged by those who seemingly wanted the club to progress forward and bring things into the modern era and light of day. There are probably many more examples, these are just a few noticed by a casual observer that do not pass the sniff test.

Bulleteater

Big Stick policy
Forum Supporter
I appreciate @Marketingslime giving us the information instead of just letting things go unanswered. No one else is answering us.
Good point, and I also appreciate it even though I am not a member. But I do shoot matches at that club. And it's difficult to stay clear from all the negative splatter that rains down from the eBoard.

To answer my own question, I guess if you lived nearby as many members do, joining DSRPC would be a no-brainer. Especially if all you want to do is shoot and train while staying out of the ugly politics of this range. Distance from disorder.

Marketingslime

Excessive Headspace
Forum Supporter
2019 Supporter
I was terminated from the club because I forced the issue of the board following the bylaws. The current president pushed me out instead of allowing discussion in front of the membership. They would NOT let any members discuss the situation which is against the bylaws. if you speak up against them they kick you out of the club. Nice way to silence questions and cover up your wrong doings.
I am familiar with your case.

This has nothing to do with the matter at hand.

The DSRPC Executive Board does not publicly comment on disciplinary cases.

I suggest you read the Course Termination and Waiver sections of the Membership Application.

Marketingslime

Excessive Headspace
Forum Supporter
2019 Supporter
While an election is done via a mail-in ballot and incumbents are elected because most of the voters are completely clueless about what is discussed at meetings, what is the procedure for recalls and votes of no-confidence? Maybe the ignorant board members really have a good excuse. It should be an active defense, though. There would be resignations in many organizations when this happens under someone's watch and they were clueless about it.

While it MUST be done, and I'm sure is cheap compared to the heinous theft, how expensive is the forensic audit?
Don’t know yet Mac, but you are right...it must be done. Will have an estimate later this week.

Marketingslime

Excessive Headspace
Forum Supporter
2019 Supporter
Example: I remember being out at the range and seeing semi trucks pulling in with full loads of construction debris / fill dirt and rock; drive out by the boathouse, or an empty bay on Range 10 and dump the load and leave. It used to literally be a dump out there. I always wondered who was getting paid on the side to allow this to go on. This has since been mostly cleaned up, but it serves as an example of strange things I have seen out there.

Another example is why the secretary, or any other executive member is allowed to hold position while not even a resident of Nevada? Does this make any sense at all, to anybody???

Another example is why Howard and said secretary erupted publicly when their positions were challenged by those who seemingly wanted the club to progress forward and bring things into the modern era and light of day. There are probably many more examples, these are just a few noticed by a casual observer that do not pass the sniff test.
I know of three persons who were involved in “Free Fill Dirt for The Range” scams years ago. Two of the three were terminated from the Club. The third was forced to resign from the Board and prevented from attempting any such scam again. The amount of kickbacks the parties involved received from the dirt haulers was not enough to warrant prosecution by the DA’s Office. No money was directly taken from the Club, but we did end up having to pay to have the debris hauled away. That was a waste of funds. The material has been removed from the range...it was a project that took about six months.

The Club Bylaws do not prohibit out of state members from running for the Board as long as they meet all requirements for running. If you don’t believe me, go check. The current Secretary has been doing a perfectly adequate job since his election. Nevada State Law also recognizes attendance via electronic means as constituting being at a meeting in person. See NRS Title VII Sec 82.271

You are obviously upset that the candidates that you voted for in the last election did not win. I suggest you get over it and move on.

Marketingslime

Excessive Headspace
Forum Supporter
2019 Supporter
What is the procedure for recalls and votes of no-confidence? Maybe the ignorant board members really have a good excuse. It should be an active defense, though. There would be resignations in many organizations when this happens under someone's watch and they were clueless about it
One of the most glaring deficiencies in the DSRPC bylaws is the lack of provision for recalling or dismissing Officers who violate their fiduciary responsibilities to the Club. If someone would submit a well thought out bylaws amendment that proposes this, I would wholeheartedly support it.

Last edited:
Good point, and I also appreciate it even though I am not a member. But I do shoot matches at that club. And it's difficult to stay clear from all the negative splatter that rains down from the eBoard.

To answer my own question, I guess if you lived nearby as many members do, joining DSRPC would be a no-brainer. Especially if all you want to do is shoot and train while staying out of the ugly politics of this range. Distance from disorder.
I am not a member either, I have considered it. I am a member of the board for Silver State Shooting Sport Association and we have been talking about getting the kids out to the different ranges, not just CCSC. Living up on the north end of the valley kind of sucks as far as membership to ranges. And if you shoot much at the CCSC it can cost more than joining a range.

I know of three persons who were involved in “Free Fill Dirt for The Range” scams years ago. Two of the three were terminated from the Club. The third was forced to resign from the Board and prevented from attempting any such scam again. The amount of kickbacks the parties involved received from the dirt haulers was not enough to warrant prosecution by the DA’s Office. No money was directly taken from the Club, but we did end up having to pay to have the debris hauled away. That was a waste of funds. The material has been removed from the range...it was a project that took about six months.

The Club Bylaws do not prohibit out of state members from running for the Board as long as they meet all requirements for running. If you don’t believe me, go check. The current Secretary has been doing a perfectly adequate job since his election. Nevada State Law also recognizes attendance via electronic means as constituting being at a meeting in person. See NRS Title VII Sec 82.271

You are obviously upset that the candidates that you voted for in the last election did not win. I suggest you get over it and move on.
I am only upset by the fact that the candidate that I voted for represented a possible shift from the problems I have been seeing over the past years; Ken did not win, things have not gotten any better. I do wholeheartedly doubt that the election and ballot counting was fair, but I have nothing but speculation in that matter. What DSPRC has is a credibility problem.

I appreciate that you take the time to attempt to explain and defend the actions of the e board out there; you may in fact be an honorable guy. However, you apparently are not in like company with the majority of the current, and past e board. Sometimes things need to change in order to move forward, this range I think is a perfect example of that.

MAC702

LEGEN...wait for it... DARY!
Commercial Sponsor
Forum Supporter
... I do wholeheartedly doubt that the election and ballot counting was fair,...
The head of the ballot committee is a personal friend. I know the counting was done completely fairly. It was the ballots themselves that were not able to be accurate because of the resignation. That was entirely out of his control.

I am familiar with your case.

This has nothing to do with the matter at hand.

The DSRPC Executive Board does not publicly comment on disciplinary cases.

I suggest you read the Course Termination and Waiver sections of the Membership Application.
It has nothing to do with the failure in your fiduciary responsibility to the club but it has a lot to do with the Board NOT being transparent and consistently and constantly violating bylaws, along with doing is what best for board members vs the membership.

One of the most glaring deficiencies in the DSRPC bylaws is the lack of provision for recalling or dismissing Officers who violate their fiduciary responsibilities to the Club. If someone would submit a well thought out bylaws amendment that proposes this, I would wholeheartedly support it.
I did offer MANY bylaw changes but it fell on deaf ears. YES I was an activist member but that is not wanted in the old boys club of DSRPC board members. They want status quo and anyone that challenges them will be terminated. LACK of transparency is the status quo for the board. The board violate the bylaws and members rights to start discussions, because they do not want the truth to come out.

Last edited: