• Chat feature is now enabled for ALL USERS!

New Glock 34 Gen 5

dsmacey

Forum Supporter
Picked up a new Gen 5 Glock 34 a few days ago. Was asked to not post about it until today. Will post some pictures later today after I upload them.

Have a Gen 4 34 (will probably sell it now) which I loved, but really like the no finger grooves and ambi slide release on my Gen 5 17 so decided to get the Gen 5 34 when offered the chance.

Shoots like a dream, out about 300 rounds through it this weekend.

After a TTI Grandmaster trigger kit TTI steel guide rod and spring the trigger feel and action overall is super smooth and light.

Especially like the no cut out in the slide.

Now I just need a Gen 5 19 to finish out the trio :)

dsmacey

Forum Supporter
Congrats, any brass to the face from your new 34?
Nope, not at all. Never had that problem with my Gen 5 17 either.

Here are some pictures of it.

I added a Dawson Precision ICE magwell. They make one, obviously, for the Gen 5's now. I always liked the feel of a magwell on the 34. And it functions better than the "flared" magwell on the Gen 5's.

Had to dremel a small channel in the insert for the TTI baseplates, but that is normal. Nice thing is DP maxwells have two parts, the base and an insert, so you can always pop in a new insert if need be and they are cheap.

Also replaced the factory Glock sites with Trijicon night sights.

Ricci

uber Member
Forum Supporter
Damn fine looking pistol. Clean lines, great grip texturing and absolutely love the sights. I'm putting that on my list of guns when I'm out.

Dusty

Obsessed Member
Forum Supporter
I'm not seeing the excitement, its not a 1911:nonod::smilielol5::moon::seeya: JK some day I will have to buy Me a glock.

dsmacey

Forum Supporter
Definitely not a 1911 :)

I keep fighting off the urge for more 1911's. I love shooting mine, but it is like being a recovering addict. The urge to buy more 1911's is always there and prodding you to buy one more. Just one more. You can do it, just one more. There is no harm in just one more...

-D

Ricci

uber Member
Forum Supporter
I'm not seeing the excitement, its not a 1911:nonod::smilielol5::moon::seeya: JK some day I will have to buy Me a glock.
I grew up shooting 1911s so no surprise I have a safe full of them. Keeping my promises that my kids could have their pick when of age, well, they are and theyre coming for them now lol. My daughter just turned 21 and has exquisite taste; that Brown 9mm is going to sting a bit.

Dusty

Obsessed Member
Forum Supporter
I grew up shooting 1911s so no surprise I have a safe full of them. Keeping my promises that my kids could have their pick when of age, well, they are and theyre coming for them now lol. My daughter just turned 21 and has exquisite taste; that Brown 9mm is going to sting a bit.
LMAO that's funny. at least You know they will be in good hands.