New Henry Side Gate Loader 38-55.

I ordered a new Henry Side Gate Loader 38-55 from Buds. I went with caliber because it has little more knock down power than the 30-30 and it cost less. Now we can not say, "if Henry had a side gate loader I would buy a Henry." The loading tube makes it much easier to unload the rounds.
Another Henry Rifle to add to my collection.
Henry

Flying Tiger 85; Yes sure are. The Henry side gate loader 38-55 is on the way from Buds. I also have Henry 44 mag big loop with a lever and a 45-70 and a big loop lever and 38-55 will make three Henry's. My gun safe is getting real full.

Flying Tiger 85 how do you lever action without a big loop lever? I even added a big loop lever on my Marlin 336 30/30, maybe it is just psychological for me, having a big loop lever is easier. I still might get one for my 38-55.

Just ordered a big loop lever and a picatinny mount for my 38-55 side gate loader. Now I have to decide on which scope to get. I should use my military discount with Vortex.

I just picked up my Henry Side Gate Loader 38x55 early this morning and is it one sweet rifle with the smoothest action. The engraving in the wood looks really beautiful to me. To me it is one great rifle. Having the side gate loader makes it even better. Another happy Henry owner.

Gullwing

1911 pistolsmith
Staff member
I just picked up my Henry Side Gate Loader 38x55 early this morning and is it one sweet rifle with the smoothest action. The engraving in the wood looks really beautiful to me. To me it is one great rifle. Having the side gate loader makes it even better. Another happy Henry owner.
Sorry but your pictures aren't showing up.

Flying Tiger 85 how do you lever action without a big loop lever? I even added a big loop lever on my Marlin 336 30/30, maybe it is just psychological for me, having a big loop lever is easier. I still might get one for my 38-55.
I like it better because there’s less waisted movement with your finger making better contact with the lever.But that’s just me.I thought the big loop was more for colder areas were shooters were wearing gloves so they could still operate their gun effectively.