• Welcome to Nevada Shooters!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, buy and sell with in our popular Trading Post and more! Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!
  • Attention mobile users! The Tapatalk integration is down until further notice. For the full mobile experience, please simply use your web browser on your mobile device to view the forum. Thank you!

New member in Reno

Hi all. I've been shooting in northern Nevada for over 20 years, but I just recently started getting a bit more serious about it. I'd like to get into long range precision shooting. I currently have an AR-15 I built with a LaRue Tactical Stealth barrel that I'm working with at 100 yards for now. I did get sub MOA 10 shot groups with my dad's Silencerco suppressor on it, but I wasn't happy with the results without the suppressor. I plan on trying a few different muzzle brakes to see if I can find a sweet spot.

I shot my dad's Ruger Precision Rifle in 6.5 Creedmoor a couple weeks ago and was really impressed! That rifle with Hornady 140 gr ELD Match ammo is amazing. I definitely want a 6.5 Creedmoor and I'm leaning toward a RPR like my dad's, although I'd probably change the butt stock. Time and money will tell.

LaRue AR.jpg

if your interested in long range come out to one of the long range varmint matches or long range practices at the palomino valley gun club lotta different rifles for you to check out...next practice is on the 26th...also you might be interested in the short range tactical match perfect for your AR.
we have a tactical 22 match this sunday the 20th as well...heres a link to the club and events...

https://palominogunclub.org/competition-info/match-results/

if your interested in long range come out to one of the long range varmint matches or long range practices at the palomino valley gun club lotta different rifles for you to check out...next practice is on the 26th...also you might be interested in the short range tactical match perfect for your AR.
we have a tactical 22 match this sunday the 20th as well...heres a link to the club and events...

https://palominogunclub.org/competition-info/match-results/
Thanks for the post. I actually just found out about Palomino Gun Club last Friday about 10:30 am. I really wish I had known about it in time to make it to the 600/1000 yard practice that was 8 - 11am on Friday. I'm probably not ready for 600 yards yet, but I could have given it a go. I'll try to make it out on the 26th.