• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.

new python

MAC702

LEGEN...wait for it... DARY!
Forum Supporter
Commercial Sponsor
It's a 2020, and I'm thinking about it, hoping someone else grabs it before I cave.

And if it were an older one for only $1500?

titanNV

NRA Endowment Member
Staff member
Administrator
Forum Supporter
It's a 2020, and I'm thinking about it, hoping someone else grabs it before I cave.

And if it were an older one for only $1500?
I think someone already did. Maybe put your name in the hat for the next one?

DiscountGunSource

Experience the DGS Difference
Forum Supporter
2019 Supporter
Commercial Sponsor
There is always next week! We are working to get a few more. To date we have seen only 3 of the 2020 model.

gene(10)mm

Very Active Member
Forum Supporter
Wed or Thur my March/April issue of American Handgunner came came in the mail. When I saw Colt's ad for the new Python
my heart rate spiked! I'm going to have to give this some serious thought.

It's not the same gun as the original Python.
Lockwork is completely different.

Call it a Python-themed revolver - a nice revolver.

Fit and finish are not quite like the original Python either, but it's a newly made gun that you can use without worrying about it.

DiscountGunSource

Forum Supporter
2019 Supporter
Commercial Sponsor
A beautiful gun but of course it will never be an original Python. I am more curious about the blued model and how it will look. Here is a picture of a 1978 high polish model next to a 2020 stainless model.

cp.jpg

Last edited:
If there's a really good reason to get the New Python, it's the 14-twist barrel and 200 grain bullets.
I wonder how well they will stand up to full service loads with the long and heavy flat point hard cast bullets.

If they don't rattle loose running the big hunting loads we'll really have something.

DiscountGunSource

Forum Supporter
2019 Supporter
Commercial Sponsor
While it will never be the original do not dismiss it until you have a chance to check it out first hand.

I have handled one of these.
The trigger was good - and from what I've seen with the new Cobra, the trigger can be worked for a very nice feel.

I wonder how the price will settle as these make it out to the market.

The Youtube channel Hickcok 45 was doing a review on the new Python and it malfunctioned ,the cylinder stopped rotating in both single action and double action ! Go to youtube and watch the video yourselves .