• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.

New to me Ford Raptor

Heading South to Lake Havasu city on Saturday to pick up a used 2018 Ford Raptor. Truck is loaded with options and only 4100 miles knocked about 12K off a brand new one. Been looking for a while got lucky and stumbled on this one right when they reduced the price. Can't wait to get it out in the desert.

Fogie

Swimming Pool Monkey
Forum Supporter
2019 Supporter
2020 Supporter
2021 Supporter
2022 Supporter
2023 Supporter
2024 Supporter
Trading Post Subscriber
Congrats! I remember my first.. The greatest day of my life.
Actually, I've only had one. Seeing a ton of the 2nd generation. They must really be pumping them out, now that they know they sell.

Fogie

Swimming Pool Monkey
Forum Supporter
2019 Supporter
2020 Supporter
2021 Supporter
2022 Supporter
2023 Supporter
2024 Supporter
Trading Post Subscriber
Stop by Grandpa's Road on the way home. Let it stretch her legs.

stitch702

Recovering Gunaholic
Forum Supporter
So jealous the raptor has been one of my dream trucks! If you don’t mind me asking how much did you get it for out the door? I was seeing that people were paying above msrp when they first came out. It’s good to see them selling well. I may have to scoop up a gen 1 when prices come down just a bit more. Got too many bills at the moment. Congrats!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

So jealous the raptor has been one of my dream trucks! If you don’t mind me asking how much did you get it for out the door? I was seeing that people were paying above msrp when they first came out. It’s good to see them selling well. I may have to scoop up a gen 1 when prices come down just a bit more. Got too many bills at the moment. Congrats!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Well it was a 2018 loaded 802A with tech package Sale price was 65,900.00 plus $169.00 dealer fee plus Tax. It is used with a little over 4,000 miles. did not have the sun roofs I wanted. with tax and registration a little over $71,000.00 I was supposed to go pick it up in Lake Havasu city this morning. Local dealers are selling new one with a $5000.00 dealer markup over sticker price. I went on the Raptor forum yesterday and got hooked up with a dealer in TN and am ordering a brand new 18 or 19 with the color I want moon roofs and loaded package also comes with a lifetime warranty on power train, trans, computer, water pump, turbos and a bunch more as long as you own it it is covered. They sell them at the build price on the website no dealer markup. this one will be $1800.00 more in options plus $1000.00 to drop ship to Vegas and have the paperwork done. But it puts me 60 to 90 days out before I get it the upside is I can save a few more bucks during that time. The lifetime warranty really sold me on a new one as I plan on having it for 20 + years. So now the wait begins.

Thelittlegreenguy

Well-known member (45 ACP)
Well it was a 2018 loaded 802A with tech package Sale price was 65,900.00 plus $169.00 dealer fee plus Tax. It is used with a little over 4,000 miles. did not have the sun roofs I wanted. with tax and registration a little over $71,000.00 I was supposed to go pick it up in Lake Havasu city this morning. Local dealers are selling new one with a $5000.00 dealer markup over sticker price. I went on the Raptor forum yesterday and got hooked up with a dealer in TN and am ordering a brand new 18 or 19 with the color I want moon roofs and loaded package also comes with a lifetime warranty on power train, trans, computer, water pump, turbos and a bunch more as long as you own it it is covered. They sell them at the build price on the website no dealer markup. this one will be $1800.00 more in options plus $1000.00 to drop ship to Vegas and have the paperwork done. But it puts me 60 to 90 days out before I get it the upside is I can save a few more bucks during that time. The lifetime warranty really sold me on a new one as I plan on having it for 20 + years. So now the wait begins.
Hi Glockit, just out of curiosity, which dealership in Lake Havasu were you going to buy from?,,, Bradley Ford or one of the others? Reason I ask is I live in Lake Havasu,,,

gene(10)mm

Very Active Member
Forum Supporter
2022 Supporter
2023 Supporter
2024 Supporter
Trading Post Subscriber
Glockit,

Congrats, if you have done any four wheelin the first time you hit the dirt you're going to find the Raptor is on a different level in terms of capability. I think you'll be grinning for a long while.

Hi Glockit, just out of curiosity, which dealership in Lake Havasu were you going to buy from?,,, Bradley Ford or one of the others? Reason I ask is I live in Lake Havasu,,,
Littlegreen, It wasn't a Ford dealer it was USA RV & MARINE they were asked to sell it to for the estate of the original owner who passed.

terdog

Active member (5.56mm)
Last fall I got a 2017 RAM 2500 Cummins. Great truck.:smile5:

But, there have been times when I wished that I had looked at the Raptor.

Go git it Glockit!

Dacam

Member (9mm)
Forum Supporter
2023 Supporter
Well, coming from a 2012 f150 ecoboost the throttle response is so much better.
It still has some turbo lag but I’ve heard of guys installing a pedal commander to eliminate most of the lag.
In sport mode this Raptor is a beast! I believe in this mode the turbos are spooled up a bit which pulls harder.
Driving this truck feels more like a performance car then a truck. Also getting 14-16mpg in town and 17-19mpg on cross country runs.

These trucks also have dual direct injection . They are a big improvement over the first gen eco boost , I have done a lot of work on these new raptors and found what works and what doesn't . If you guys have any questions let me know .

Fogie

Swimming Pool Monkey
Forum Supporter
2019 Supporter
2020 Supporter
2021 Supporter
2022 Supporter
2023 Supporter
2024 Supporter
Trading Post Subscriber
Well, coming from a 2012 f150 ecoboost the throttle response is so much better.
It still has some turbo lag but I’ve heard of guys installing a pedal commander to eliminate most of the lag.
In sport mode this Raptor is a beast! I believe in this mode the turbos are spooled up a bit which pulls harder.
Driving this truck feels more like a performance car then a truck. Also getting 14-16mpg in town and 17-19mpg on cross country runs.

That beats my 6.2's milage by nearly double, but I usually pull trailers out of town.