• Chat feature is now enabled for ALL USERS!

New X-Bolt Pro

Just bought a 6.5 CM Browning X-Bolt Pro last month.
The Pro version is the top-of-the-line model for Browning. They call it a "semi-custom" rifle B/C it has special features like a carbon fiber stock, factory lapped barrel, fluted barrel, spiral fluted bolt and bolt handle, bronze Cerakote on barreled action and the CF stock. The Cerakoted stock helps it blend in with natural surroundings better but you can still see that 'spensive CF weave.

Just put a SWFA 3- 14 x 42 scope on it and will zero it next week when the warm front moves in and the wind dies down. Next summer I'm getting a MARCH 3 - 24 x 42 scope with illuminated reticle. Why? Because it is shorter and lighter than any other scope with that upper end, FFP, mil/mil and VERY good glass, as in ED glass. It will be the perfect match to the high quality of the X-Bolt Pro.

And I've already got Talley bronzed rings for it - with a top half ring bubble level. Remember, this is a long range mountain rifle. A little cant is a big windage error at 600 yards.

So now I've put my customized 6.5 CM Ruger American Predator up for sale. "Customized" means Boyd's Classic laminated stock & metal Savage 110 trigger guard, Timney trigger and aftermarket 20 MOA Pic rail. This rifle amazed me with 1/2 MOA groups using Hornady 140 gr. ELD-M factory ammo. I don't know how Ruger does it. It is as accurate as my 6.5 Ruger Precision Rifle.

Eric B.

MAC702

LEGEN...wait for it... DARY!
Forum Supporter
...a top half ring bubble level. Remember, this is a long range mountain rifle. A little cant is a big windage error at 600 yards....
And you are more likely to be resting the rifle on an unlevel surface while you yourself are sitting on an unlevel surface, and will not likely have horizontal things in the background (like target range berms). It makes it hard to see what is truly horizontal.

MAC.
Glad someone appreciates the problems of cant in the field. Competition taught me to pay attention to this.

I plan to shoot this rifle a lot to test loads and familiarize myself with it and compete in a local varmint/hunter competition. In a few years I'll need a new barrel (around 2,000 rounds. I think a stainless Bartlein 24" barrel in 1:7.5 twist & 5 R rifling would be good. Any suggestions?

Eric B.