• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.

NFA Gunsmith Feedback

4x4Brit

Well-known member (45 ACP)
Forum Supporter
2023 Supporter
Hey all,

Just wanted to take a second to post about the gunsmith up at New Frontier Armory. Took my 14.7" barrel to get a muzzle device pinned last Monday. Had an A2 but while I was there thought I would check out their selection of brakes. They had a decent selection but nothing that really interested me except the VG6 Epsilon 556 they had. It was well priced and gets good reviews so I thought I would take a chance on it based on the reviews. They told me 2-3 weeks for the service and $45 for the pin and weld, which I thought was very reasonable.

Yesterday afternoon I get a call that the barrel is done. Not even a week so I was happy on that front. So off I set for the epic voyage from South Las Vegas! Service in the store was polite as always and out comes the barrel for my inspection. I look the brake over, spin it around looking for the weld. Around a few more times until I ask if it had indeed been pinned. The guy helping me wasn't sure, brings over guy two to look at it and he is not sure either. Now this wasn't a reflection of their knowledge. The job and refinishing was so cleanly done, IMO, that the surface look untouched. I even brought up a picture of an uninstalled Epsilon on my phone to see where the pre-drilled hole was for the pin. Guy 2 took the barrel in the back to the manager who pointed out the very slight difference on the outer edge of the brake below where the pin went. Long story short, totally impressed with the work of their smith and his attention to detail. Any hesitation I had for using him to thread a barrel I'm thinking of doing is now gone. At some point i'll update the thread with a picture.

Thanks for the job done very well!

Cheers.

mbogo

Bwana Mkubwa
Forum Supporter
I always pack plenty of food and water, toilet paper, plus a couple of blankets for the looong trip up to NFA.

A relief driver might be a good idea, too. :laughingman::laughingman:

mbogo