Official "1911" thread

Tophog

Biker Trailer Trash
Staff member
Forum Supporter
2019 Supporter
Figured I'd revive this thread. Those darn AMTs are starting their own gang!

I just saw a video from front sight about glocks and negligent discharges from those guns due to jacket drawstrings...i'm sure I'll take heat for saying this, but I really like the external safety on the 1911 and feel safer with it. I'll post a link to the video when i get home. (Iphones aren't easy to cut n paste with)

Do any of you like external safeties or do you like 1911s for other reasons?

Tophog

Biker Trailer Trash
Staff member
Forum Supporter
2019 Supporter
I just saw a video from front sight about glocks and negligent discharges from those guns due to jacket drawstrings...i'm sure I'll take heat for saying this, but I really like the external safety on the 1911 and feel safer with it. I'll post a link to the video when i get home. (Iphones aren't easy to cut n paste with)

Do any of you like external safeties or do you like 1911s for other reasons?
I don't know why you think you'd take heat for liking the features of a 1911. This IS the 1911 thread, not a Tupperware party! :001_rolleyes:

I like 'em for those reasons.

Manual safety . . . the condition is visible!

And you can tell if its cocked! Not have to guess by pulling the trigger. And if it is, you can decock it.

Here's the video the FrontSight email referenced:
LINK

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/o3UPK53GrI8" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

...do you like 1911s for other reasons?
Trigger break, performance, history, design. Safety's are nice too, as it allows a cocked and locked carry.

My preference is revolvers however. No safeties on those dangerous things. Watch your reholstering carefully then when evil drawstrings (or thumbstraps) are nearby, eh?

You guys have some nice 1911 variations.

Really REALLY LOVING the old Springfield that FED-up shared. OMG! I wouldn't want to shoot it much or often, but boy howdy, if that bad boy could talk... Functional Art with a History to boot.

i've had my RIA GI 1911 since december... got it cheap brand new from buds... anyways, mag catch is having an issue with inserting/ejecting magazines.... major flaw IMO... RIA is working with me on getting this issue resolved though! already have replaced :magazine catch button, New magazine... Issue is the same. Thank god they are in pahrump... i may just drive down there and have them fix it or give me a brand new chrome one lol

Ronsmag

Obsessed Member
Forum Supporter
My !911s

I came over to the dark side ahven't got a chance to shoot them yet but i'm hoping this weekend
Para Expert in SS .45
Sig 1911 -22

Tophog

Biker Trailer Trash
Staff member
Forum Supporter
2019 Supporter
I came over to the dark side ahven't got a chance to shoot them yet but i'm hoping this weekend
Para Expert in SS .45
Sig 1911 -22
It's not the dark side, Luke! Feel the power!

Nice Para! :thumbup:

I have one of those Sigs. Got it last year. Fun little gun.

Vegas SMG

Master of the obvious
Forum Supporter
Welcome to the dark side! The .22 1911 is a great companion piece for the .45acp gun.

I have no vested interest in these products, but if am a very happy customer. My GSG 1911/22 groups tightened up considerably both with and without a suppressor after installing the CW parts, and I no longer need the barrel retaining screw.

http://www.cwaccessories.com/Products.html