• URGENT! Help STOP the UNCONSTITUTIONAL Red Flag Law AB291!
    CLICK HERE for details!

Official "1911" thread

Tiger87

Beginning Collector
Got my first 1911 today.... RIA 3.5"

And after I changed the grips, yes I changed the grips already...

Still needs a complete strip and cleaning, but couldn't wait to get pics up! Lol

Ah 1911's can be quite the addiction. I just added another to my collection as well. It's a Smith and Wesson E-series 1911sc. 4.25" barrel, bob tail scandium frame. I can't wait to take it to the range this weekend.

mxjunky78

Large American
Here's my Remington R1s. Had to sell off my 1911's before and this is the start of the new collection. Thinking of going with a black trigger and mag release.

Ruger SR1911 4.25" with VZ Magwell grips and MSH. I have done some minor trigger work, smoothed it out real nice.
Ordered the Ed Brown Bobtail MSH to make it more EDC friendly. That will be a fun little mod.

Dr. Marneaus

Station Wagon Collector
Picked this'n up the other day.

Desert Eagle 1911C. They made a run of CCH frames exclusively sold at Cabelas in 2014. Looks like I got the last one in Nevada. My dream 1911 is a CCH Turnbll MFG....but those are $2600+ depending on options. I figure this is about as close as I'll get.

glennc

American Patriot
Just ordered through Davidson's Firearms this Rock Island Armory Ultra SE MS Model 1911, 45 ACP, Features. Commander Size with 4.2" bbl, Dark Black Steel Parkerized Finish, VZ tactical grips, Bull Barrel, 8+1.

Danrunner

2AF, Frontsight, NV Firearms Coalition, NRA
Picked this'n up the other day.

Desert Eagle 1911C. They made a run of CCH frames exclusively sold at Cabelas in 2014. Looks like I got the last one in Nevada. My dream 1911 is a CCH Turnbll MFG....but those are $2600+ depending on options. I figure this is about as close as I'll get.

cch stands for what?